New Grower Led Sf1000 - RQS - Coco/Soil/perlite

Reaction score
Hi all,

after a great outdoor grow ending inside.
I want to start an indoor

A59F6AF2-1DC7-4432-8EEA-FDD7EFBD941E.jpeg

so I bought a new setup::
Kit Includes:

• 1 × SF-1000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
  • 1 × 27” X 27” X 62” Grow Tent
  • 1 × 4” Inline Duct Fan
  • 1 × 4” Carbon filter
  • 1 × Flex Air Aluminum Ducting
    1 × Thermometer and Hygrometer
  • 1 × Timer
  • 4 × 5 Gallon Grow Bags
grow room kit grow kit complete package set up full grow kit
Spider Farmer SF1000 Full Spectrum Dimmable LED Grow Light
Specifications:

• Energy efficiency (PAR/Watt): 2.9 umol/J
  • Maximum yield: 2,5g/watt
  • Spectrum: 660nm, 3000K, 5000K and IR 760nm
  • Veg footprint: 3×3 feet
  • Flowering footprint: 2×2 feet
  • Lifespan: >50.000 hours
  • Dimensions:12.8”×11.4”×2.3”
  • Net Weight: 2.77lbs
  • Replace other red and blue light: 1000W 1200W
  • Input Voltage: AC100-277V
  • Amp: 0.82A @AC120V, 0.42A @AC240V, 0.37A @AC277V
  • Draw power: 100.5W±5%@AC120V, 98.8W±5%@AC240V, 98.39W±5%@AC277V
——————————————————————-
Ready to rock with some seeds of RQS:
- Northern Light Automatic 4x
- Amnezia haze x3
Dropped them in a propagator and waited for my newborns

C581E04F-54D9-480E-8141-42B998439199.jpeg

At the end I moved Further with 3 Northern Light and planted 1 white widow after 1 seedling passed away.

My medium:
I thought I mix up Perlite with Batmix( fertilized soil 6weeks) 50% and at a 50% Coco on top.

Reason? Seedling would burn in the fertilized soil so I thought coco for seedling and when it’s expands it’s Root it will get to the fertilized soil ans no problem then......

Note: this was my first and biggest mistake.

AEEB3139-ED3B-4D09-A1F0-925AF5CBCEA2.jpeg

D3CF14C5-01BB-4B8E-A187-C9CDAD5DE889.jpeg

The plants started to show deficits bringing me to my second problem...

I noticed they had a lot of stress until my Ph meter arrived in week 3....
PH 7,8...

well fuck, so I need to reduce my PH
But Coco needs different one then soil?
So here I had major problem 2.

tried 5,9 first , delayed growth so went for 6,3..
Believe it or not.. they survived.

7CCB5D37-963B-4BFB-9A88-5184558EFD2F.jpeg

not the biggest pants But still they did well..
The white widow on top left that was younger was already catching up... So I knew this grow would probably fail but on the other hand... I just thought, I can only learn from this experience.

bringing me to the next problem:
D9780736-4CD4-4893-9032-5CC4145468D5.jpeg

It was already starting sooner but I noticed rusty spots on my leaves... coco and LED immediate thinking of CalMag problems... so added some dolomite rocks on top layer realizing I need something to go more quickly.. found a spray but can’t use it during bloom so found BAC Calmag 2.0 to add to my Water..

9EBB5AD1-C2C6-4596-9A75-89066E7D7052.jpeg

but it didn’t seem to get better
1DA348D4-16B5-462F-87B7-517EDE3F03C6.jpeg

it’s just the bottom left that has serious issues but also the other start showing deficits.....

now they’re around 55 days old from seed.
E5AEBC9D-5239-4D3A-8EA9-44CB552059F1.jpeg

BA04D2E2-AB6B-46CF-92F9-AEC49941C845.jpeg

D1C8AE26-2A74-4D71-9922-BD08B6600828.jpeg

3E84578D-C6E4-4121-AF87-9974F4A2F75D.jpeg

CAB11F34-3612-4773-8E8F-7C3FB775624F.jpeg

Well, I made a lot of mistakes... these plants had a hard time and I’m not really thinking about yield but how do I get them healthy.

wondering why the bottom left is having those necrotic leaves.

Ph: 6,2- 6,3
Temperature: 18-24 degrees
Hum: 40-60%
Still giving nutes/ calmag/ TDS gives between 700-800.

Anyway: Trying to finish this and have a small puff.

next setup:

4x 15L autopots with airdomes and 47Ltank
Lightmix soil with Biotabs
Premium seeds of Dutch passion
Can’t wait to start over again but want to learn from my mistakes.

what you guys think?

I’ll update with more news about this grow

High regards,

Attachments

• DF3E0F7A-D2BC-435D-B631-6AC74308F6FF.jpeg
    DF3E0F7A-D2BC-435D-B631-6AC74308F6FF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Hey Greenostino, the plant on the left could be a light feeder dial back her strenght of feed i have one that wont go above 700 right now so i have to make a seperate batch of feed its very annoying.
good luck with the grow btw

Hey Greenostino, the plant on the left could be a light feeder dial back her strenght of feed i have one that wont go above 700 right now so i have to make a seperate batch of feed its very annoying.
good luck with the grow btw
Soil and coco are completely different ( opposite even) mediums, that must be treated completely different. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to know that signs of a deficiency do not automatically mean add more.. I've been on this site for over 5 yrs and have rarely seen an under fed plant. Most new growers over feed and create lock outs. Definitely sounds like what has happened here.. At 55 days old, there is no "correcting" of the issue. Your goal now is to slow the spread and hopefully have a few green healthy leaves left by harvest. It's more than just the difference in ph between soil and coco.. Soil drains water well, coco holds onto water well.. Soil has nutrients/organic matter in it, coco has no nutrients, soil releases nutrients well, coco holds onto nutrients well.. I have no real suggestion on how to correct the issues at this point.

I was once a new grower, and I've been down every road you are about to go down. I blew soo much money trying to take the easy route.. Which finally led me to the learning phase. I realized that it didn't matter what seeds, or medium I used.. Didn't matter if it was biotabs or hand feeding... Autopots, or smart pots.. Cobs or hps.. None of it matters unless you know how to read a plant and diagnose issues correctly, and how to correct them.. I would recommend doing a good amount of research before you start your next grow.. Because from my view ( the outside looking in) you are about to have the same type of issue.. Which is growing in a medium that you can't correct. Once those tabs go in.. There's nothing you can do.. Every plant will grow and feed differently.. So if the bio tabs are too hot for one plant it will cause burn and lock out.. If it's not enough, you'll probably add more of something, which will also create a lock out when the tabs release their nutrients.. It's a slippery slope. But its much easier to navigate if you take the time to learn how nutrients work with each other, what each deficiency looks like, and how to correct them. Autos allow ZERO recovery time.. As in none! You don't have time to correct issues with autos. They move quickly from one phase to the next, regardless of how healthy they are. So if issues arise in veg, they will probably get worse in flower.

Last edited:
Soil and coco are completely different ( opposite even) mediums, that must be treated completely different. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to know that signs of a deficiency do not automatically mean add more.. I've been on this site for over 5 yrs and have rarely seen an under fed plant. Most new growers over feed and create lock outs. Definitely sounds like what has happened here.. At 55 days old, there is no "correcting" of the issue. Your goal now is to slow the spread and hopefully have a few green healthy leaves left by harvest. It's more than just the difference in ph between soil and coco.. Soil drains water well, coco holds onto water well.. Soil has nutrients/organic matter in it, coco has no nutrients, soil releases nutrients well, coco holds onto nutrients well.. I have no real suggestion on how to correct the issues at this point.

I was once a new grower, and I've been down every road you are about to go down. I blew soo much money trying to take the easy route.. Which finally led me to the learning phase. I realized that it didn't matter what seeds, or medium I used.. Didn't matter if it was biotabs or hand feeding... Autopots, or smart pots.. Cobs or hps.. None of it matters unless you know how to read a plant and diagnose issues correctly, and how to correct them.. I would recommend doing a good amount of research before you start your next grow.. Because from my view ( the outside looking in) you are about to have the same type of issue.. Which is growing in a medium that you can't correct. Once those tabs go in.. There's nothing you can do.. Every plant will grow and feed differently.. So if the bio tabs are too hot for one plant it will cause burn and lock out.. If it's not enough, you'll probably add more of something, which will also create a lock out when the tabs release their nutrients.. It's a slippery slope. But its much easier to navigate if you take the time to learn how nutrients work with each other, what each deficiency looks like, and how to correct them. Autos allow ZERO recovery time.. As in none! You don't have time to correct issues with autos. They move quickly from one phase to the next, regardless of how healthy they are. So if issues arise in veg, they will probably get worse in flower.

Hi @Proph thanks for the advice man.
I bought the Cannabis growing bible and realized that I totally had the wrong approach.

For me it’s now all about the learning experience in this round. I did so many things wrong it hard to know what could be the cause haha. Poor baby’s

I’m still looking what medium is best for me but think coco is a bit too soon for a newbie like me.

That’s why I want to try the lightmix soil.
You’re right about the biotabs but it’s seems so easy to use with some successful grow journals here.

Since I work a lot of hours I rather prefer to be a passive grower spending some time in the evening with my plants if schedule starts 20/4 routine again.

I also have the feeding line of the lightmix - Terra Grow and Terra Bloom.. you think I could controle more if just followed the schedule?

Just out of curiosity, In all your experience where did you end now on medium and setup?
Cheers

Hi @Proph thanks for the advice man.
I bought the Cannabis growing bible and realized that I totally had the wrong approach.

For me it’s now all about the learning experience in this round. I did so many things wrong it hard to know what could be the cause haha. Poor baby’s

I’m still looking what medium is best for me but think coco is a bit too soon for a newbie like me.

That’s why I want to try the lightmix soil.
You’re right about the biotabs but it’s seems so easy to use with some successful grow journals here.

Since I work a lot of hours I rather prefer to be a passive grower spending some time in the evening with my plants if schedule starts 20/4 routine again.

I also have the feeding line of the lightmix - Terra Grow and Terra Bloom.. you think I could controle more if just followed the schedule?

Just out of curiosity, In all your experience where did you end now on medium and setup?
Cheers
Im glad to hear that you think coco isnt the best option for you right now! That's an awesome observation that most can't make themselves. I agree.. Coco is hydro.. It is totally hands on, Every day work. And very unforgiving. The medium you choose is based on the grow style you pick to with. I always recommend that people choose a style that fits their beliefs and lifestyle. I dont like playing god, and controlling every aspect of a plants life.. I want a plant, not another child to raise, lol.. So I gravitated into being completely organic in living soil.. Some of my friends love playing god and being in control of every feed, the temps, air flow, ph, ppms, etc. But they spend wat more hours in their tents and with their plants than I do or ever would. If you like to be in total control and you know what your doing, then hydro/dtw or coco would be the option.. If you're like me and belief that this plant grew fine for millions of years without calmag, ph, bottled nutes etc., then soil/organic may be the option for you. Either way, you have to be well versed in all of the deficiencies and how to correct them if and when they arise. Im now in 15gal no till pots of living soil. Water only, with a dry amendment top dress if ever needed. I spend very little time in my tents, which Got a my lifestyle. The plants take care of themselves as they do in nature. Go with the grow style that fits YOU, not what seems easy or popular. Also, get out of the habit of comparing or considering other people's results. There are way to many variables at play.. But basically they are not you, in your environment, and you are not them, in theirs.

Im glad to hear that you think coco isnt the best option for you right now! That's an awesome observation that most can't make themselves. I agree.. Coco is hydro.. It is totally hands on, Every day work. And very unforgiving. The medium you choose is based on the grow style you pick to with. I always recommend that people choose a style that fits their beliefs and lifestyle. I dont like playing god, and controlling every aspect of a plants life.. I want a plant, not another child to raise, lol.. So I gravitated into being completely organic in living soil.. Some of my friends love playing god and being in control of every feed, the temps, air flow, ph, ppms, etc. But they spend wat more hours in their tents and with their plants than I do or ever would. If you like to be in total control and you know what your doing, then hydro/dtw or coco would be the option.. If you're like me and belief that this plant grew fine for millions of years without calmag, ph, bottled nutes etc., then soil/organic may be the option for you. Either way, you have to be well versed in all of the deficiencies and how to correct them if and when they arise. Im now in 15gal no till pots of living soil. Water only, with a dry amendment top dress if ever needed. I spend very little time in my tents, which Got a my lifestyle. The plants take care of themselves as they do in nature. Go with the grow style that fits YOU, not what seems easy or popular. Also, get out of the habit of comparing or considering other people's results. There are way to many variables at play.. But basically they are not you, in your environment, and you are not them, in theirs.

Then I see myself more as a person to create a good environment indoor but use living soil to let the plant grow on it’s own way. Just like I can do with my outdoor grows.

Thank you very much for these insights!
They’re priceless!

Sincerely

EC8ABF17-67CE-43F3-8A52-EF8C25CEF6F5.jpeg

Hope to get them through and save them as much as I can,

gonna wait a bit more before I will flush

3960A4F3-390F-49AD-8229-603C1B16B467.jpeg
4C08B93A-A497-4B1A-BF71-D4F2F91B0B5B.jpeg

The white widow outgrew all of them having some light bleach and a bit burn def but hell.

It is how it is

Last edited:
Well this is it, last 2 weeks are going in. Still kinda happy how they’re doing. Just giving them water now
B8D1E499-85F3-4461-BFA7-D38C72988BFA.jpeg

Attachments

• 265835CD-6F8B-4625-94ED-EB2E21737C90.jpeg
    265835CD-6F8B-4625-94ED-EB2E21737C90.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
Well this is it, last 2 weeks are going in. Still kinda happy how they’re doing. Just giving them water nowView attachment 1260501
Just a little fyi based on the pics.. That plant looks to have much longer than 2 weeks left before it's ready to harvest. It's just starting to swell.. Looks more like 3-4 weeks left until the proper harvest window. Those pistils are snowy white and still sticking straight up in the air..

Just a little fyi based on the pics.. That plant looks to have much longer than 2 weeks left before it's ready to harvest. It's just starting to swell.. Looks more like 3-4 weeks left until the proper harvest window. Those pistils are snowy white and still sticking straight up in the air..

@Proph would you stick with water or also give them some bloom or PK?

Would want to wrap it up in 2 weeks, I’ll check up on the harvest with some decent pics soon!

Back