Learning to grow

Reaction score
Hello
I'm new to growing and wanted to journal my path to growing great medicine and not having to rely on dispensaries.
Here is my equipment
3x3 tent
300w light 50% at 24" 35k lux
4" inline filter
clip on fan.
My first plants are fastbud 420 White Widow auto grown in Royal Gold Mendo Mix using Banger Labs Hydroponic nutrient kit and Cal-Mag. Mistakes were made, I stunted the plants by overwatering here is plant at 21 days
IMG_0344.JPG

After seeking help and being told to start over I did, but I planted the 2 WW autos ina 5g pot filled with Mendo mix and slowed watering. Learning weight of dry pot vs. a watered pot helped a ton.
IMG_0346.JPG

I accidently chopped one plant while trying to cut off dead leaves. On 9/2 the plant started flowering
IMG_0351.JPG

Here it is at 59 days
IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

It's got bad leaf growth. I did learn about overwatering from this endeavor

On 8/25 I started 2 more plants. Another FB420 WW auto and a FB420 Northern Lights auto. How to stop from overwatering? DWC of course.
IMG_0354.JPG

I do rez changes weekly, using Lucas formula for nutes. I noticed exploding growth but still running into problems.
IMG_0360.JPG

I keep trimming off damaged leaves but still getting more damaged leaves. I thought it was light damage so I moved my light went from 40k lux to 29k lux. Now it looks like cal defeciency to me from pics I observed on internets.
IMG_0376.JPG

I'm running 15ml of Cal-Mag in 3g of tap water PH to 5.8 with a PPM of 760 with an avg. of 73* temp. the WW is not showing as much leaf damage.
IMG_0377.JPG

Both DWC are about 3 weeks in veg, temps are running between 70-80 degrees between light off and on on a 20-4 cycle. Humidity is avg 50 to 65%. 29k lux at top of plants.

Welcome to AFN @Suba :welcome:....I don't grow with dwc but a Ton of dudes and dudettes here do....I am going to ask about dwc for you in live stoners and I will tag you in there too, lots of cool cats in there always willing to help:tang:happy growing dude!

Last edited:
Do the roots look clean and healthy? No sliminess?

Low pH can also lock out CaMg, has your meter been recently calibrated?

... And tagging along. :pop: :pop: :hookah:

Thanks for replies and to answer some questions.
My tap water ph is 7 with 28 ppm. PH meter was calibrated last month after I received it, Bluelab ph pen, Honeforest water calibration tester for ppm.
PH is at 5.8-6 at rez changes, rises during the week so I PH down to 5.8 about every 3rd day
Roots look good, no sliminess, slight browning from nutes
Trying to learn as I grow along.

I don’t grow in DWC so I’m not sure how you over water?:shrug: One thing that comes to mind is the amount of aeration/bubbles you have in the bucket. They are getting enough air that’s not too violent?

“The smaller the bubbles the better. If you look at the root that is still in the moist air, it has a bunch of fine lateral feeder roots that look like fuzz. These are the roots we strive to protect in the water from too much turbulence. The smaller the bubbles the more surface area to exchange oxygen to the water, it is from the water that the roots get the oxygen they need, not from bubbles touching the roots. I always had two stones on separate pumps in each bucket, one pump on a battery backup.”

Hello
I'm new to growing and wanted to journal my path to growing great medicine and not having to rely on dispensaries.
Here is my equipment
3x3 tent
300w light 50% at 24" 35k lux
4" inline filter
clip on fan.
My first plants are fastbud 420 White Widow auto grown in Royal Gold Mendo Mix using Banger Labs Hydroponic nutrient kit and Cal-Mag. Mistakes were made, I stunted the plants by overwatering here is plant at 21 days
View attachment 1708433
After seeking help and being told to start over I did, but I planted the 2 WW autos ina 5g pot filled with Mendo mix and slowed watering. Learning weight of dry pot vs. a watered pot helped a ton.
View attachment 1708434
I accidently chopped one plant while trying to cut off dead leaves. On 9/2 the plant started flowering
View attachment 1708435
Here it is at 59 days
View attachment 1708436
View attachment 1708437
It's got bad leaf growth. I did learn about overwatering from this endeavor
Dude I checked out the Mendo mix........that stuff might be a little bit hot* to start new seeds in, if you are sprouting from seed....try something with no amendments in it :d5:

Hot* means it has added nutrients dude :thumbsup:

Dude I checked out the Mendo mix........that stuff might be a little bit hot* to start new seeds in, if you are sprouting from seed....try something with no amendments in it :d5:

Hot* means it has added nutrients dude :thumbsup:
Yeah, that's what I asked the store and they it was fine for seeds, I was worried about it being to hot, another reason I went with DWC for 2nd grow.

I don’t grow in DWC so I’m not sure how you over water?:shrug: One thing that comes to mind is the amount of aeration/bubbles you have in the bucket. They are getting enough air that’s not too violent?

“The smaller the bubbles the better. If you look at the root that is still in the moist air, it has a bunch of fine lateral feeder roots that look like fuzz. These are the roots we strive to protect in the water from too much turbulence. The smaller the bubbles the more surface area to exchange oxygen to the water, it is from the water that the roots get the oxygen they need, not from bubbles touching the roots. I always had two stones on separate pumps in each bucket, one pump on a battery backup.”

Small joke, it kept me from overwatering since I didn't water it:muahaha:.

Back