Indoor Is this section still Active......?

Not sure where I would put this...
I still have Magic Dragon from 2012 or so , and Jem from then . Have actually popped several and used a Jem purple pheno to pollinate a Magic Dragon purple pheno.
The beans were from Mossy at that time and are original to then since they have been in storage since 2013

I still have Magic Dragon from 2012 or so , and Jem from then . Have actually popped several and used a Jem purple pheno to pollinate a Magic Dragon purple pheno.
The beans were from Mossy at that time and are original to then since they have been in storage since 2013
How do you store seeds to keep good germination after so long?

I didnt know seeds kept that long, so i would also like to know how you store them. :peace:

As long as seeds haven't totally dried out they can remain viable for many years . . . usually more failures over time. Cold dry(ish) conditions are ideal. Since most seeds come in sealable packs simply place them in an air tight container - and into fridge for short term (next few years) or a freezer for longer term.

There are seed 'vaults' across the world
Svalbard Global Seed Vault
to quote Wiki
Seed storage

The seeds are stored in sealed three-ply foil packages and then placed into plastic tote containers on metal shelving racks. The storage rooms are kept at −18 °C (−0.4 °F). The low temperature and limited access to oxygen will ensure low metabolic activity and delay seed aging.

Back