New Grower Is my weed dry???

Reaction score
Sup people.... Can anyone please help me out here... I harvested my 3 plants 4 days ago and a friend of mine asked for the trim for edibles so I wet trimmed and put all my buds (destocked) in my drying net and all the trim in the bottom rack... The trim was dry today so I put it in a plastic zip lock bag and gave it to him.... It was stinky af... Really good smell... My buds are still drying feel pretty dry but the small stems on the buds don't break or make that snap noise....what I can't figure out is they smell of nothing... Why did the trim stink and nothing from the buds?????...(50%20°)Answers are much appreciated

I would think 4 days is not enough time mate, buds retain moisture so longer to dry. I'm amazed your stems dried out that fast. I've cured weed for months on end because I like bag appeal and smell sells alot of weed.
I've been out of the game for awhile but I'd be carefull going to jars so early might end up with hay smell still this early. That said I find it hard to believe online sellers cure their crops right because of demand and the moneyz so more than likely you can smoke it now but if you cure it right it will get stronger and won't risk hay smell.

I would think 4 days is not enough time mate, buds retain moisture so longer to dry. I'm amazed your stems dried out that fast. I've cured weed for months on end because I like bag appeal and smell sells alot of weed.
I've been out of the game for awhile but I'd be carefull going to jars so early might end up with hay smell still this early. That said I find it hard to believe online sellers cure their crops right because of demand and the moneyz so more than likely you can smoke it now but if you cure it right it will get stronger and won't risk hay smell.
The buds are still drying.. I just can't figure out why the trim smelled dank as fuck and my drying buds smell of nothing

The buds are still drying.. I just can't figure out why the trim smelled dank as fuck and my drying buds smell of nothing
You're at the point in drying when your chlorophyll and other plant based products are being broken down. It makes for an interesting smell/non-smell no worries it will return!

I've had that happen to me mate, then the smell starts to come on later in curing process. I've even had the hay smell at first then disappear later on. It's been a long time for me mate so I'm sure you'll get some better answers, example : Scynce Grown answer.

Thank
You're at the point in drying when your chlorophyll and other plant based products are being broken down. It makes for an interesting smell/non-smell no worries it will return!
Wil I just maintain the 20°50%???...I really hope it comes back... Any idea why the trim smelled dank af in 4 days?

No worries
I've had that happen to me mate, then the smell starts to come on later in curing process. I've even had the hay smell at first then disappear later on. It's been a long time for me mate so I'm sure you'll get some better answers.
no worries man your input in much appreciated

Thank
Wil I just maintain the 20°50%???...I really hope it comes back... Any idea why the trim smelled dank af in 4 days?
Yeah maintain the temp and humidity. Most people shoot for 7-10 days and stem snap.
The terpenes you got initially are easy to break down hydrocarbons they smell heaviest the first bit after harvest as the violotilize. As the dry continues, secondary compounds are formed within the plant and you will have the initial terpenes plus a new set from the noble rot at the end.
That being said I've had some Lemon OG that would always dry down and smell like paper..... stopped running that.

Back