Is Colloidal Silver working?

Hemposapien

Happy Growing!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Terple,
Hi y'all,

I've been spraying a plant for about 10 days with homemade colloidal silver that has a ppm of 18, I've been told ppm isn't a gauge to see if the silver is ready so I also did the laser pointer method to check that it was ready as well. So far the only noticeable difference between this plant and another one growing at the same stage is the pistil production and the plant that's been sprayed looks like it has burnt/orange pistils instead of white. Is this normal or should I be expecting sacs of pollen by now? If not now, when?

Happy Growing!

It's going to take a few weeks. Keep spraying 2x a day.

Hi y'all,

I've been spraying a plant for about 10 days with homemade colloidal silver that has a ppm of 18, I've been told ppm isn't a gauge to see if the silver is ready so I also did the laser pointer method to check that it was ready as well. So far the only noticeable difference between this plant and another one growing at the same stage is the pistil production and the plant that's been sprayed looks like it has burnt/orange pistils instead of white. Is this normal or should I be expecting sacs of pollen by now? If not now, when?

Happy Growing!

Hey buddy, if you don't mind I'm tagging along to this thread so we can compare notes. First time using CS too, bought off amazon from a very good source (they provide lab analysis) at 40ppm. I'm spraying 2 to 3x times a day, it's been 16 days today so looks like we started at roughly the same time! :d5:

Like you, only sign of success so far is the burnt/orange pistil. It seems speed of reversal is strain dependent. I'm reversing DP AutoUltimates, what about you?
_

Hey Groff,

That's great to hear! I'm trying to reverse a C4 Matic by Fast Buds. It looks noticeably different then another plant at the same stage. I see what appears to be little sacs but it could also be just bud. It's hard to tell to be honest. For the 1st 2 weeks I spray 3 times a day but now I do it twice a day. Kinda wish I went with another strain because at least in my experience C4 Matic has unstable genetics. When I'm on my phone, I'll try to post some example. Or you can look in my recent previous post about nutrient deficiencies. They're still producing flower, but they're just not to pretty to look at. I'm excited to see how you progress as well, it's a real patient process. Lol...

Best of luck to both of us,
Happy Growing!

@Cannabian420 - I'm not sure if I'm crazy, but I think the CS prevented some stretching. I'm doing 16 AutoUltimates (and I've done this strain many times before) + 2 reversing and 1 that I popped last week that I will be using to pollinate. Very stable lineage, I can spot 3 distinct phenos, one which doesnt stretch that much, extremely Ca hungry, and flowers/finishes much earlier - however, I don't think the ones I am reversing to be that pheno, in fact the opposite.

Yup, best of luck to us both! :pass:

The burnt orange is normal. Keep spraying 2x a day. I have a small arsenal of 9 homemade crosses with cs pollen.

I spray mine early on. Most time the sprayed branches don't show any signs of being female. When I did spray later when female goods are showing it is normal for them to turn burnt or orangish.

I spray mine early on. Most time the sprayed branches don't show any signs of being female. When I did spray later when female goods are showing it is normal for them to turn burnt or orangish.

I'm 1/3 from finishing the CS bottle and getting worries. Already ordered some pure silver to do my own and I get along with electrolysis quite well, but with covid shipping had been extremely erratic where I live.

How long until we should start seeing some nanners? They seem to continue flowering all happy, the CS burn is definitely present, praying 2 to 3 times a day on the buds and rubbing my CS wet hands on the stems. I'm freaking out I will run out of CS before she turns.

Also, do you continue CS after male sacks form? When do you stop?

I'll get some pics soon
_

I'm 1/3 from finishing the CS bottle and getting worries. Already ordered some pure silver to do my own and I get along with electrolysis quite well, but with covid shipping had been extremely erratic where I live.

How long until we should start seeing some nanners? They seem to continue flowering all happy, the CS burn is definitely present, praying 2 to 3 times a day on the buds and rubbing my CS wet hands on the stems. I'm freaking out I will run out of CS before she turns.

Also, do you continue CS after male sacks form? When do you stop?

I'll get some pics soon
_
I spray mine once a day and stop when the sacs are fully formed and early ones about to open.

When I first started and sprayed when I saw pistillate flowers forming sometimes I couldn't get them to reverse. Some sacs formed but never had any viable pollen. I think key is spraying BEFORE it sexes .

I spray mine once a day and stop when the sacs are fully formed and early ones about to open.

When I first started and sprayed when I saw pistillate flowers forming sometimes I couldn't get them to reverse. Some sacs formed but never had any viable pollen. I think key is spraying BEFORE it sexes .

Oh crap, I hate hearing that. Everywhere I saw said to start when first pistils popped out. What you say make perfect sense. You dont even reverse it seems, it just goes straight to male. Ballpark figure, what day would your balls bust <— lol :eyebrows:
_

Back