Extraction Instant pot hash

ob1

Auto-Mantic
Reaction score
I was playing around today with dry ice hash that I made and decided to document for the greater good of all!
First I weighed out 2 grams of dry ice hash.

1.weigh out.jpg

next I pressed it as tight as I could in my pollen press.

2.press.jpg

I removed the puck after 5 min and measured the puck.

3.measure 1st press.jpg

I then wrapped the puck in kitchen plastic wrap and cut off excess.

4.wrap press.jpg
5.cut off excess.jpg

Next I put some wax paper around the press insert and around the plunger end (helps not stick to the press).
I gently pushed the sides of my hash puck in a little to get it back in the press then tightened the press.

Next I put a little water in to my instant pot. (enough to make steam but not enough to have the water over the rack and wet my press)
I set my pot to manual for 10 minutes.

6.in pot.jpg
7.10 min pot.jpg

After the 10 minutes were up I retrieved my press from the pot with oven mitts and a dish towel and tightened my press as much as I could (I got a few more turns with ease)

After I tightened it as much as I could I put the press in the freezer for about 10 minutes.

8.freezer.jpg

After 10 minutes in the freezer I removed the press and opened it up to remove my hash puck.
I pulled on the corner of the puck and found an end to the plastic wrap and removed it.
then I took another measurement and weight.

9.final measurment.jpg
10.final weight.jpg

If you make a lot of dry ice hash (or bubble hash) this will save you a little room.
It darkened up nicely.

11.puck.jpg

I got it from around 25/64 of an inch to about 7/32 of an inch and well pressed!

I guess from here I don't need to tell anyone what to do! :hookah:

I was playing around today with dry ice hash that I made and decided to document for the greater good of all!
First I weighed out 2 grams of dry ice hash.

View attachment 1264137
next I pressed it as tight as I could in my pollen press.

View attachment 1264139

I removed the puck after 5 min and measured the puck.

View attachment 1264140

I then wrapped the puck in kitchen plastic wrap and cut off excess.

View attachment 1264141View attachment 1264142

Next I put some wax paper around the press insert and around the plunger end (helps not stick to the press).
I gently pushed the sides of my hash puck in a little to get it back in the press then tightened the press.

Next I put a little water in to my instant pot. (enough to make steam but not enough to have the water over the rack and wet my press)
I set my pot to manual for 10 minutes.

View attachment 1264143 View attachment 1264144

After the 10 minutes were up I retrieved my press from the pot with oven mitts and a dish towel and tightened my press as much as I could (I got a few more turns with ease)

After I tightened it as much as I could I put the press in the freezer for about 10 minutes.

View attachment 1264145

After 10 minutes in the freezer I removed the press and opened it up to remove my hash puck.
I pulled on the corner of the puck and found an end to the plastic wrap and removed it.
then I took another measurement and weight.

View attachment 1264146View attachment 1264147

If you make a lot of dry ice hash (or bubble hash) this will save you a little room.
It darkened up nicely.

View attachment 1264148

I got it from around 25/64 of an inch to about 7/32 of an inch and well pressed!

I guess from here I don't need to tell anyone what to do! :hookah:

Very nice mate, quality effort. I knew I bought one of those for some reason - other than rice.

Very nice mate, quality effort. I knew I bought one of those for some reason - other than rice.
I also put dry ice hash (about 15 grams) in the powder form in to a mason jar with 1 cup of clarified butter.
I put the lid on very lightly (so it won't build pressure) then bring the water level in the instant pot to the level of butter in the jar.
I put it on manual for 40 minutes, after 40 min I release pressure grab the jar with oven mitts, snug my lid and shake for 30 seconds.
Next I loosen the lid again and put it back in instant pot for another 30 mins.
After the 30 mins I release pressure then make my chocolate chip cookie recipe, when it comes time to add the butter I grab the jar snug the lid shake well and pour the 1 cup of butter in (hash and all).
now I can make a batch of cookies in about an hour and half and I can adjust the amount of hash I put in so my potency is a little more controlled
unlike the old way I did it in the slow cooker.
the instant pot is a wonderful tool for cooking with cannabis.
As an added bonus you can put the butter right on your rice it's a win win for you.

Enjoy your instant pot! :eyebrows:

Back