New Grower Indoor to Outdoor? Possible or too risky?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
no idea :)
Hello everyone,

I have a Royal Jack automatic grown in my space bucket.

This strain was an extra free seed from RQS and the problem is that it is a bit too big for my spacebucket, as I'm usually working with short strains.

The lady is currently 8 week old, started flowering around 3 weeks ago. But the stretch phase did not work out as already the top colas were burned. I tried to LST the hell out of her but still I'm seeing more and more LED burn issues (buds not really growing, yellowed and curled leaves etc). As I can not increase the distance between the LED (135w) and the plant I'm thinking on the following solution:

-Putting her outdoor

So in short, it is possible to put an indoor plant (LED grown) to outdoor at week 8? (3 week into flowering). Or should I risk the LED burn and hope for the best?

BR
Pedrito

Hello everyone,

I have a Royal Jack automatic grown in my space bucket.

This strain was an extra free seed from RQS and the problem is that it is a bit too big for my spacebucket, as I'm usually working with short strains.

The lady is currently 8 week old, started flowering around 3 weeks ago. But the stretch phase did not work out as already the top colas were burned. I tried to LST the hell out of her but still I'm seeing more and more LED burn issues (buds not really growing, yellowed and curled leaves etc). As I can not increase the distance between the LED (135w) and the plant I'm thinking on the following solution:

-Putting her outdoor

So in short, it is possible to put an indoor plant (LED grown) to outdoor at week 8? (3 week into flowering). Or should I risk the LED burn and hope for the best?

BR
Pedrito
@Mental I'm only new to growing myself, but if it were me i would start by putting her outside early morning in sun for an hour then back in the shade for 15 minutes and repeat (if no visible signs of stress ) increasing the sun by 1/2hr more at a time. If the night tinme temp was getting below 12c i would also bring her in at night. I think outside would be better than light burn. This is assuming that you are in summer, as i said im only new to this so i will see if @912GreenSkell or @henco are able to help you out they have a lot more knowledge than me

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just harvested 7 walter whites in 3 gallon fabric pots that started under cobs and finished outdoors. 6 weeks indoors the last 5 outside, all was well. Id give it go if you need her out of your groom.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I had a Diesel Matic Autoflower that took so long to produce we were taking her down slowly as needed. I finally set her outside. She had 2 tiny buds left. Been raining like crazy here and now she is 150 some days old. The 2 buds are still green and they smell really nice and are sticky as hell.

at 8 weeks i dont think much if anything can go wrong now.if security is not an issue,throw it outside and get another started in the tent.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

I've also started autos indoors and finished them outdoors with no worries! :headbang:

Back