Outdoor In need of some friendly advice to set up my first grow.

H

hilikus311

Hey guys,

Hilikus here... I am very new to growing in all aspects of the sense. I have been scouring the forum for a little while and I try to absorb all I can from the wealth of knowledge on hand here. However, with so much material on hand its hard to narrow it down to my specific needs.

I have went from wanting to run a dwc system but my location for that setup has come under fire. So... rolling with the punches I have decided to run some guerrilla grows come spring.

I am aware that an outdoor auto will not even come close to yielding that of an indoor auto and I am prepared for insects and other creatures munching on my girls. I also have a good grasp on soil amendments and a good setup to help my outdoor grow as much as possible.

My main obstacle at this point is finding a hardy outdoor auto strain that yields a decent amount. The spring and summer weather here can be helpful and pleasant and it can be a real biotch. Temps rang from 60-90s with humidity ranging from 30-100%. The past two years we have had rain for a straight month then drought conditions. I just want my girls (which ever strain they may be) to have the best chance of survival. So any advice or recommendations on strain preference outdoors would be welcomed. Thanks guys.:toke:

Also... since I am a rookie :) how secure is attitude? Since I live in the states... I wouldn't want my seeds to get me busted before I even set off on my maiden voyage.

Hey,

You cant go wrong really with any strain.. I guess you have a great climate in USA. I would love to grow auto-ak 47 outdoor. Big massive buds. You will see the biggest buds outdoor.

The attitude is very safe for me in Europe, but I guess they will be fine to USA. Add 420 as discount code. Add reshipping, when sign out so they can reship if they get lost.

Happy grow :)

hello and welcome!

imo if i were you i would buy a few feminized seed and grow one plant at a time just to learn the many characteristics the plant will speak to you. hydro imo is not for the newbie and outdoor doesn't give you that day to day relationship w/ your plant (unless its in your back yard). you could easly get in 2 grows in and have some experience w/ them before springs end.

Also... since I am a rookie :) how secure is attitude? Since I live in the states... I wouldn't want my seeds to get me busted before I even set off on my maiden voyage.

No worries at all with Attitude. My orders always make it from the UK to the east coast in less than a week.

hello and welcome!

imo if i were you i would buy a few feminized seed and grow one plant at a time just to learn the many characteristics the plant will speak to you. hydro imo is not for the newbie and outdoor doesn't give you that day to day relationship w/ your plant (unless its in your back yard). you could easly get in 2 grows in and have some experience w/ them before springs end.

yeah I definitely do not want to bite off more than I can chew. thanks for the advice!

I also live in the heartland, midle of minesota.Just to let you know ihave grown outdoor for three years but the only weed i get is crappy.I finaly fiqured out by reading on tne web about trichomes and the proper time to harvest.By the time the natural daylight got short enough to start the flower cycle there wasnt enough time for them to fully develope before frost set in.I even covered them at night when it whent below freezing but day temps were to cool and they didnt mature.Im only planted a few autos this summer outside and i know i will get some good weed. Plus growing inside ill have plenty.I don't know what state your in but keep in mind about the early frost.

Back