Harvest & Curing I need opinions on chop down time

Reaction score
Does this lost coast skunk look ready? She's got almost all orange pistils. The rest of the fan leaves were dead enough to pull off gently. I unfortunately don't have access to a scope right now

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_161056.jpg
    IMG_20160516_161056.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20160516_161202.jpg
    IMG_20160516_161202.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 268
I can't see the first pic that well but the second one still has a fair amount of white pistols and stiil putting on bud weight.They should be 95 to 100% dryed before you harvest.

I can't see the first pic that well but the second one still has a fair amount of white pistols and stiil putting on bud weight.They should be 95 to 100% dryed before you harvest.
@namvet25
Thanks a lot for the response. Could i trouble you for your thoughts on this baby? Same strain. Shes a little further along, pistils are shrunk up way more. Leaves aren't yellowing though... Best i can do on picture quality. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_170326.jpg
    IMG_20160516_170326.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20160516_170311.jpg
    IMG_20160516_170311.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 222
Great lookiing buds and awesome try coverage.By the looks of the bud pic she looks ready to go,should be some good smoke.

Great lookiing buds and awesome try coverage.By the looks of the bud pic she looks ready to go,should be some good smoke.

Thank you you're the man! I read a thread about harvest time in relation to the leaves yellowing. Think it might have been by @Muddy In your experience do all autos yellow when reaching maturity? Or is it strain/pheno dependent?

Thank you you're the man! I read a thread about harvest time in relation to the leaves yellowing. Think it might have been by @Muddy In your experience do all autos yellow when reaching maturity? Or is it strain/pheno dependent?

I have been following muddy's advice from the beggining of my grow adventures and it's never let me down, in my opinion they still need 1-2 week more to go, unless if you want a lighter clear high in which case you can chop them now. I would think thought that you'll be well rewarded to wait some more.

Thanks man. I got a slightly better picture of the second plant I'll share with you guys for expert analysis

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_205343.jpg
    IMG_20160516_205343.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 169
I have been following muddy's advice from the beggining of my grow adventures and it's never let me down, in my opinion they still need 1-2 week more to go, unless if you want a lighter clear high in which case you can chop them now. I would think thought that you'll be well rewarded to wait some more.

The way the majority of my plants look ID say muddys sage wisdom of the yellowed leaf harvest is generally a great guide, BUT I have that loast coast pheno you can see in that second set of pictures that is way ahead of the other. And in @namvet25 opinion is ready to chop, but it's still super green, where the other two, slightly less mature phenos are doing what muddy described. What do you think of that?

you could go a few more weeks, but hows the supply and the demand? holding up production of next plants? always big factors in chop down time,

Thank you for your insight

Any thoughts on some phenos of the same strains leaves yellowing to indicate maturity and others staying green?

Back