I have yellow leaves on 2 plants on day 36 on there

Reaction score
I am new to growing. I have 2 auto plants on day 36 that have some yellowing on leaves and yellow tips and some leaves have curled up sides of the leaves. What do you think this looks like? Deficiency or more nutrients than is needed for it?

dtcsy4U.jpg

0RD7znj.jpg

The details for it
  • The plants are northern cheese haze autos by mephisto on day 36 in 3 gallon fabric pots of coco coir with perlite
  • 32x32 tent with 240w kingbrite led quantum board on like 85% power at like 23" on 24/0
  • Temperature around 77-81f and RH around 50%
  • The 2 plants have Dr. Earth Organic Tomato Vegetable 4-6-3 and Dr. Earth Bud & Bloom Flower Girl 3-9-4 that I mixed in with the coco on there.
    • The left plant had 1/4 cup total of 75% 4-6-3 with 25% 3-9-4 then on day 30 I top dressed 1/8 cup total of 50% 4-6-3 with 50% 3-9-4.
    • The right plant had 1/8 cup total of 75% 4-6-3 with 25% 3-9-4 with 2 jobes 4-4-4 fertilizer spikes in it then on day 30 I put 1 jobes 4-4-4 with 1 jobes 2-7-4 fertilizer spikes in it.
  • I hand water daily with around 1/4 gallon of tap water to each plant with around 3 ml/gallon of calmag with around 1.5 ml/gallon of silicon that I ph to around 5.8 - 6.2. I do not water to runoff on there.
I had some problems early on that I think were calmag issues from not using ph water with calmag for the first few times I watered the plants then started using ph tested water by week 2. What do you think? Tips or recommendations? What would you do for it on there?

Coco + organic/dry is a bitch to run mate, not a good way to learn,... coco alone is a challenge, it's not a true soil, it's soilless like ProMix and Sunshine #4 9those are peat based, more forgiving); coco is a specialized medium, a lot of do's and don't's, and plenty of homework needs be done before running it in any method. #1 problem with coco here is not learning how to run it, understanding it's odd CEC (cation exchange capacity) properties and how to make it do it's magic... there's good info here in the Coco section,...
Certainly, you have overdone things, too much feeds, no inoculants and enzymes,... these are necessary for things to get broken down into forms the plant can take up, but more concerning is the overload of nutes in there...
No pH monitoring in-pot is a major risk, and I'm betting it way off from the looks of things, not just burnt from over feeding... Symptoms are mixed, a lot going sideways here mate, sad to say! Lock-outs are rampant,...
Hmmmm,... fixing will not be easy, never had this combo of mess before,... you need to remove the top dressing right away, it's frying them.... Then a flush is in order, using a mild Ca-Mg solution only, pH 6.0... You'll need a good calibrated pH meter, and a TDS/EC meter would help further but not critical,... a direct in-pot measurement is best but that's out unless you have a quality pH probe made for this job,... flushing is the last chance gamble to save them,... but the run-off needs to be checked for pH at least to see how bad it is at the start of the flush, and to see how correction is progressing as you test during flush....
BTW, never use feed spikes, no control over release, they make hot spots, and cannabis plants hate all of this.....

Back