Lighting HS1 not running at full power

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have two HS1 units running together connected by the wago Tpiece. The unit with the Tpiece works perfectly but the the unit that comes off that is not running full power. I’ve double checked there was no loose connection and still no improvement.
Any simple ideas or solutions that I could try?
Thanks

Attachments

• 950F59C4-2E84-4206-AB2E-1AAE882153C2.jpeg
    950F59C4-2E84-4206-AB2E-1AAE882153C2.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 161681C9-A6A4-4B12-A8D3-DEA124246957.jpeg
    161681C9-A6A4-4B12-A8D3-DEA124246957.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 109
not to sure what a wago t pieace is but i thought grow northen supplyed a cable to daisy chain the hs1

That’s what I think I’m talking about, the unit after the daisy chain not running full power

Run a quick test to diagnose, invert the units to see if its the unit or the connection.

But... hold on ... how are you able to check it is not running at full power if it is daisy chained?

hmmm ..using a kill-o-watt meter? Test each independently too.

Thanks all,
I did a quick check and run the units one at a time with no daisy chain and ended up with same outcome unfortunately.
I did contact the good lads at GN and they’ve kindly arranged for the unit to be sent back to them, possibly a module has gone out or something, won’t know until they’ve done the diagnostics.
A1 service in my opinion as the light was a “hand me down” and warranties don’t normally pass on as I’m aware.

Thanks all,
I did a quick check and run the units one at a time with no daisy chain and ended up with same outcome unfortunately.
I did contact the good lads at GN and they’ve kindly arranged for the unit to be sent back to them, possibly a module has gone out or something, won’t know until they’ve done the diagnostics.
A1 service in my opinion as the light was a “hand me down” and warranties don’t normally pass on as I’m aware.

Indeed. Stellar customer service is an understatement. They go far and beyond everyone else. This is the kind of stuff that makes legends,
and the reason I am saving up to do a complete overhaul to Telos range, hopefully after this next crop.

Hi all,
I have two HS1 units running together connected by the wago Tpiece. The unit with the Tpiece works perfectly but the the unit that comes off that is not running full power. I’ve double checked there was no loose connection and still no improvement.
Any simple ideas or solutions that I could try?
Thanks

This looks like the MCPCB has its dielectric layer cracked and the electricity is not being run through all the LEDs but just some that it is able to. This happened to me also back in the days and it looks pretty similar. I did the work in location myself with the instructions from GN they kindly provided and assisted me. You can check the pics and all out of interested if you like. Hope all goes well and you get your unit back soon!

Indeed. Stellar customer service is an understatement. They go far and beyond everyone else. This is the kind of stuff that makes legends,
and the reason I am saving up to do a complete overhaul to Telos range, hopefully after this next crop.

I’m also looking to upgrade soon to the Telos range myself.
I had to dig out the old bullet proof MS0006 as the hs1 has been sent back, still works like new..

This looks like the MCPCB has its dielectric layer cracked and the electricity is not being run through all the LEDs but just some that it is able to. This happened to me also back in the days and it looks pretty similar. I did the work in location myself with the instructions from GN they kindly provided and assisted me. You can check the pics and all out of interested if you like. Hope all goes well and you get your unit back soon!

Thanks MedGrower.
Loving the step by step guide by the way..

Back