New Grower Hps to LED transfer

Daipot

Growing photoperiod trees
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
hey guys and gals. I'm currently doing a grow which is 9 days old. The seedlings look reall healthy but they also looked kinda stretched because of the distance between them and the bulb is over a metere. I have also got seven new seeds to go into the tent tomorrow and I don't want the issues of stretching to occur with them. So, I have today purchased a 600w led to replace the current 600w hps light. The reason for the switch is that I can obviously positionthe new led closer to the plants.The question I have is will two seedlings that have sprouted take to the new light?

You don't need to buy an LED light to stop stretching but it sounds like a good light. Seedlings are going to stretch when the light is that far above them. Some strains will just be predetermined to stretch and some stretch no matter what. With the HPS you could have that at 16 to 24 above. LED I am not sure but I think it is even lower than 16( I have to find out as I have two led panels just the other day) I would imagine they will take to it just fine but you should go to the LED lighting fourm i am sure someone can giver you some good info.

It seems that more and more people apply led light for their plants to grow, led grow light usually have high photosynthetic efficiency and produce lower heat compare to other lights. So I think your seedlings will love it and flourish.

They'll love it. And if you have room, you could always use both lights for flowering...

Back