Harvest & Curing How's it hangin' ?

VitaMan

Clean Glass + New Whip
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Island Sweet Skunk, Comatose, el Chapo, and others.
We've all used string to hang our bud. We've also all been creatively inspired when we have the munchies.

String in a tiny 2x2 tent has the added pleasure of having to rehang things that fall when I reach in. A small but recurring irritant.
A lust for Nachos led to my solution, which I will share soon.

So just for fun, If you've used or know of a novel, brilliant, ridiculous, crazy or lucky way to hang your harvest, please share!

I've used plastic clips like this
Screenshot_20170112-033530.png

I much prefer drying in thick paper bags now.

I have a string of Christmas lights running around my bedroom I hang mine from I also use brown paper bags but they aren't thick I can see how that would help. Harvest this weekend I will have to try that with some of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I went to the dollar store to get some safety pins, determined to find a way to stop them from sliding.

That's when I saw the trivet. I thought "Perfect for the cookie sheet on 'Nacho Night' " ......and then I thought "NACHOS!!" I grabbed the trivet and headed for the corn chips.

When I got home and emptied the bag, there was the trivet and safety pins. Thank *** for Nachos, there it was. Pin the branches then fasten the pin on grid wires. I could fit 2 side by side in my tent and hang them from their "feet" so I went and got another one.

What I didn't realize until harvest day, is that being a rectangular grid, I was not limited to linear space. I could place branches wherever they best fit together in the 2 dimensions. Being able to arrange them this way was very efficient, and I barely needed the second trivet! Perfect for a small space.

0.png

And between harvest, there are NACHOS!

I much prefer drying in thick paper bags now.

Big heavy paper bags are hard to find nowadays! I can only find lunch size and smaller. I've been using a bin for trim and making sure it is frequently stirred, but if I find a big paper bag, I will snatch it and vow to never tear.

I always dried in my tent. When I decided to try autos, I was fascinated by the idea of having perpetual grows. I could always have a variety of cannabis in my stash to choose from. Some of us older folks may remember Billy Joel singing "A bottle of white, a bottle of red Perhaps a bottle of rose instead"

But I realized that the way I was doing it would not allow for perpetual grows unless I subject my harvest to light.

Then my garden supplier had a sale on these little "propagator" tents. They're 3' wide and 2x2' high and deep, but I put in on end so it is 3" tall. I put in a small can filter and 4" fan, and it is dedicated to drying. It comes down when I don't need it, and it won't interrupt a perpetual cycle.

The (drying) system worked beautifully. I ended up programming a timer to the fan and then adjusting it every day or two, but when I open it to read the RH and feel the buds, my whole house fills with smell. They are a bit expensive, but I would love get a variable speed duct fan controlled by a humidistat.

Last edited:
Back