Lighting How much red/far red for Emerson effect in 2x4

Saro01

Trying my best to learn as much as possible.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blue dream - HSO
Hey guys/girls/growers and gapers, just looking for some input on how much red/far red I should run in each 2*4 tent to provide an effective Emerson effect? I have just over 300w of qb style lighting as my main light source, full spectrum. I'm not sure if other info is needed, other than the tent I'm starting this in is photos. I have enough red booster strips to run plenty in each tent, other 2 tents are auto. Thanks to any and every one for your help. Please take care of yourself and each other guys. Every day, but especially lately. This world has and is continuously getting wackier everyday, i just hope that we don't lose sight of the obvious here in that we are humans, being. We don't always have to agree or even particularly like every single person, but we have to live together. Love your brothers and sisters, and you don't even have to do anything special at all, just don't do anything that would make anyone else's day worse and we're good. Much love to everyone here, and thanks for any help you can lend me.

Hey guys/girls/growers and gapers, just looking for some input on how much red/far red I should run in each 2*4 tent to provide an effective Emerson effect? I have just over 300w of qb style lighting as my main light source, full spectrum. I'm not sure if other info is needed, other than the tent I'm starting this in is photos. I have enough red booster strips to run plenty in each tent, other 2 tents are auto. Thanks to any and every one for your help. Please take care of yourself and each other guys. Every day, but especially lately. This world has and is continuously getting wackier everyday, i just hope that we don't lose sight of the obvious here in that we are humans, being. We don't always have to agree or even particularly like every single person, but we have to live together. Love your brothers and sisters, and you don't even have to do anything special at all, just don't do anything that would make anyone else's day worse and we're good. Much love to everyone here, and thanks for any help you can lend me.
So I've seen an average of 10w per 3x3 in flower that's also the kit @ Rapid led if I need a link lmk I actually made my own I've not mounted this one yet but here it is. Lmk if you need nething I also have a uva red/far red set up @25w max I run 18ish in my space when I run it .
15919264336413465045476447355089.jpg
15919264616632941947110072187648.jpg

Hmmmmm, im definitely going to want to dim down then. I have a 60w meanwell running three sunboards, setup 660/730 can dim down to half for now. I way over bought, but im learning and that's about how I normally do things. First street bike was a Ducati you know. I have not set the red boards up yet though, so I really appreciate that advice.

Hmmmmm, im definitely going to want to dim down then. I have a 60w meanwell running three sunboards, setup 660/730 can dim down to half for now. I way over bought, but im learning and that's about how I normally do things. First street bike was a Ducati you know. I have not set the red boards up yet though, so I really appreciate that advice.
No problem I don't think it will hurt as long as u don't blast them and instead slowly ramp up I think it will be ok plus running more boards @ less watts is more efficient so maybe run a parrelle serise or something to knock down how many drivers like I said if u need any help I've built a handful of cob fixtures aswell as linear strip led builds and a few retro fits so it's no problem. As for the bike I've found with that stuff I get use to it quick and then I under bought lol that's a good bike no matter the model

Hey, thanks a lot, I may actually hit you up once or twice. I'm going to combine a lot of the lights I'm running, together. I'm going to get started hopefully this weekend, if I have the time.

So I've seen an average of 10w per 3x3 in flower that's also the kit @ Rapid led if I need a link lmk I actually made my own I've not mounted this one yet but here it is. Lmk if you need nething I also have a uva red/far red set up @25w max I run 18ish in my space when I run it .View attachment 1201696View attachment 1201697

I would like some more information on this setup please. Do those just go in tent as-is? Also i have heard both ways, run them all the time during lights on in flower or just at lights out time.

I would like some more information on this setup please. Do those just go in tent as-is? Also i have heard both ways, run them all the time during lights on in flower or just at lights out time.
Honestly you would have to look @ wat your lights produce a higher Kelvin like 4000k I would think that on all the time lights on would be benifical aswell as the 15min of just the reds and I will be mounting them on a 12in long 1in aluminum Square stock if you want I can show u I have 1 done lmk if you need nething else it's no problem @ all

Honestly you would have to look @ wat your lights produce a higher Kelvin like 4000k I would think that on all the time lights on would be benifical aswell as the 15min of just the reds and I will be mounting them on a 12in long 1in aluminum Square stock if you want I can show u I have 1 done lmk if you need nething else it's no problem @ all
Sorry man I totally forgot about this. I would love to hear how it's working out for you and see the final product!

Sorry man I totally forgot about this. I would love to hear how it's working out for you and see the final product!
So just a few pics of 2 different pheno blue dreams by HSO and a few of my own crosses I am using 10w plus 10w of uva aswell
20201204_105822.jpg
20201207_085113.jpg
20201207_084926.jpg
20201204_105657.jpg
20201117_150447.jpg
20201117_150452.jpg
20201117_150503.jpg
20201117_150751.jpg
20201117_115410.jpg
20201117_111616.jpg
20201114_185501.jpg
20201113_160110(1).jpg