How many worms ?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
True og
Hey guys,

I have posted pictures of my raised fabric beds by grassroots fabric pots. They are 4 x 16ft and height I believe is 1.5 ft. How many worms should I buy for each bed ?

7aa295368d64af49ad511ceeacd56856.jpg

That's a cool growing area, love the beds. Dunno about the worms...maybe a pound per 4 sq. feet? That would be a lot..They can reproduce pretty fast under the right conditions

Great set up you have there , If your soil is healthy, you'll find at least 10 earthworms per cubic foot , and at around 3 months of age will breed can produce two to three cocoons per week. Each cocoon averages three hatchlings. Cocoons take up to 11 weeks to mature and hatch. But it will depend on the organic matter in your soil as to how many you can maintain . :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I winged it when I ordered 1000 worms online and divided some for my smaller pots. I always worry about these dang worms and wonder if they are still alive haha

I am going to most likely regenerate this older soil I have add the compost I picked up and get some topsoil I got for free to go in there. I was calculating the cost to buy potting mixes from this nursery and it is pricy. These won’t be for cannabis but I may sneak one in there between my hibiscus.

Hey guys,

I have posted pictures of my raised fabric beds by grassroots fabric pots. They are 4 x 16ft and height I believe is 1.5 ft. How many worms should I buy for each bed ?

You should be fine with that number of worms.

How many? Depends how long do you want to wait to have dependable organic nutrients cycleing through the soil.
No til style.

The answer to this is usually how many worms you can afford.

That being said those beds should take 6 months or more to get "rolling". The worms reproduce like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

By the way...those beds are super sweet. I love everything Grassroots! Those will be my greenhouse beds once we legalize. Someday legalization...someday.

You should be fine with that number of worms.

How many? Depends how long do you want to wait to have dependable organic nutrients cycleing through the soil.
No til style.

The answer to this is usually how many worms you can afford.

That being said those beds should take 6 months or more to get "rolling". The worms reproduce like crazy.

Thank you. For the smaller ten gallon pots would it also take 6 months ?

One of the no till pots isn’t doing well like the others I moved it and I think it’s drying out too much. The one in my tent looks fine and the one outside looks amazing.

I’m watching this one!
Hopefully I’ll get my worm farm built and going before too long, sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day!

I’m watching this one!
Hopefully I’ll get my worm farm built and going before too long, sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day!

Yeah after seeing prices of worms I am going to have to make a worm farm too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back