How long do AC Infinity filters last?

Have been growing for almost 4 months (had two early aborted grows - now on day 59 and day 53 of current grows). Running infinity T6 fans and filters (both inside tents) at high settings as my lung room is about 75 degrees. I absolutely have negative pressure, such that I crack open the zippers of the doors a bit to increase air inflow, but the sides are still sucked in a bit. The lung room definitely smells, even when the tents haven’t been opened for hours overnight. Is this a sign the filters are dying, or is it likely just the extra inflow gaps I created with the doors?

Can you run them slower, maybe 1/2 speed instead of full speed? I have a similar setup but I actually used two filters. I have the fan on a filter inside of the tent and then one connected to the exhaust duct on the exterior. I used to have smell probs until I went it’s this setup and now it’s completely smell free.

Can you run them slower, maybe 1/2 speed instead of full speed? I have a similar setup but I actually used two filters. I have the fan on a filter inside of the tent and then one connected to the exhaust duct on the exterior. I used to have smell probs until I went it’s this setup and now it’s completely smell free.

I’ve been playing with the speeds, but the temps shoot up if I go lower. The alternative is to crank up my window AC to lower lung room temp, but this would take more power than running my Infinity fans at a higher speed.

So you’re thinking the increased air flow is “using up” the filters faster? Interesting concept. I hadn’t thought of that.

I’ve been playing with the speeds, but the temps shoot up if I go lower. The alternative is to crank up my window AC to lower lung room temp, but this would take more power than running my Infinity fans at a higher speed.

So you’re thinking the increased air flow is “using up” the filters faster? Interesting concept. I hadn’t thought of that.

I dunno if they are being used up faster or not, but I don’t think they are as effective at max speed, but that’s purely my opinion.

I believe that you can flip the ac infinity around to extend the life. The filters do better at lower speeds for odor and lower humidity. There are screws holding it together.

It may not be using the filter up faster. Too much ccf and the moving air isn't getting caught up and lingering IN the filter long enough for the filter to be effective.

What brand, model, capacity, etc. filters are you using?

If you are exhausting/blowing-in air fast enough, the tent air may become dilute enough to not have any detectable smell after being exhausted. Exhaust may not stink other than maybe right at the vent, and you may not need to use the filter. Just blowing through lots more air could be good enough (depending on your plants, tent size, etc.) for the smell and also help with temperature control.

Otherwise, you did not mention them, but your lights could be the source of your problem. If not already, you might consider more efficient (cooler running) COBs, quantum board, LEDs, etc.

I have the 4 in. ac infinity filter in a 2.7x2.7ft tent and my fan is a hydrofarm 4in usually the speeds are less than half for sure. I've had the filter for maybe 1 year mayne a couple months less. Its still kicking the smells butt, I usually have 3 plants growing at a time. The room it's at is hot and no windows so no ac unit for me. I still get really good harvests tho.

I dunno if they are being used up faster or not, but I don’t think they are as effective at max speed, but that’s purely my opinion.

Hey guys I was told by a guy in my local grow shop the other day that carbon filters definitely last longer and are most effective when extraction fan is run at lower speed. Higher speed means less effective at eliminating smell as it doesn't allow enough time for the carbon to absorb odour.

Back