How do I grow/train plants to be smaller? Trying to fit 5 plants in a 2x4

Reaction score
Hey! My first grow was 3 plants in 3 gallon coco fabric pots. The size was perfect, but I harvested around 4.5oz from each plant. For my next grow I'm trying to have a 5 strain diversity and less yield per plant, maybe 2-2.5oz per. I will be planting them again in coco, in either 1 gal or 2 gal pots this time to help the size, but beyond that I'm not sure how to keep the plants tame. First grow I was afraid to trim too much, and I know that would suffocate the tent if I didn't defoliate or train the plants to the correct shape.

I have soft ties, and little L shaped LST clips. Anything else I need to train properly? How do I keep all 5 plants comfortable space wise in a 2x4? I do plan to top them all if that changes anything. Thank you for your time and advice guys!

Hey! My first grow was 3 plants in 3 gallon coco fabric pots. The size was perfect, but I harvested around 4.5oz from each plant. For my next grow I'm trying to have a 5 strain diversity and less yield per plant, maybe 2-2.5oz per. I will be planting them again in coco, in either 1 gal or 2 gal pots this time to help the size, but beyond that I'm not sure how to keep the plants tame. First grow I was afraid to trim too much, and I know that would suffocate the tent if I didn't defoliate or train the plants to the correct shape.

I have soft ties, and little L shaped LST clips. Anything else I need to train properly? How do I keep all 5 plants comfortable space wise in a 2x4? I do plan to top them all if that changes anything. Thank you for your time and advice guys!

I think the smaller pot size is okay BUT they will dry out faster.

I would top them right above the 6th node in 3 gallon pots then, as @Bob's Auto's said, put a net in there to spread them/support them through flower. You don't have to compromise on yield and with the net you'll have more control over height. Bottom prune what would not reach the canopy.

in coco, in either 1 gal or 2 gal pots this time to help the size,
:smokeit:
Day 69 in coco & 2.5 liter pot. topped day 21 @ 5 node plants 20 inch tall max 20 around both Mephisto 1 Sweet~n~ Smelly And 3Bog x double grape

IMG_20220429_183605.jpg
IMG_20220429_183619.jpg
IMG_20220429_184935.jpg
IMG_20220429_185003.jpg

I think you already answered your own question. If I had a 4x2, and was looking to grow max plants for variety, I'd do as many 1 gallon pots as I could fit in the tent. You will water every other day, which I don't mind. But you could grow many different strains which is my preference. @420autoflower is an expert in this area and could tell you more about what size pots and how many to use.

As an example, I just grew 7 strains in one tent. And I only love 2 of them. The rest are just average. Good, but average.

As an example, I just grew 7 strains in one tent. And I only love 2 of them. The rest are just average. Good, but average.
Damn, I'm worried about that happening again. I grew three and only liked one. Speaking of which, big recommendation on Night Owl Galaxy Brain. I'll attach a couple pics here. Which of your strains did you love? I'm actually germinating a Double Grape right now, and I was on the fence between Mango Smile and Hubbabubbahaze, but decided to go with the hubba which is also germinating.

Attachments

• M96uBkc - Imgur.jpg
    M96uBkc - Imgur.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • oNqZYUs - Imgur.jpg
    oNqZYUs - Imgur.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC_27342.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
DG I just harvested. Very potent but tastes like dryer sheets lol. Kush Kush and The Duke from @Jean-O are the best of my last grow. Great smell and taste and the effects I love. Double grape and mango smile are very good as well DG taste I’m not a fan of and MS is a little to racy for my liking.
A8186331-4753-459A-B982-9D75433D9F56.jpeg

Back