Here’s a weird one...

LearningMore

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Problem: yellow on leaves, but in strange “stripes” across leaves; not following leaf anatomy

Medium/grow method: FFHF in 5gal cloth pots

Feed: and supplements used: FF Trio at 1/4 strength. PPM never above 500 ; pH to 6.4-6.5. No CalMag in a month (and only had 1-2ml/gal a couple times before that). F-W-W, half gallon every other day (I check at 36 hours but pots still have had some heft). I’ll do a bit more volume as needed to get just a bit of runoff.

water source: filtered tap (TDS 170), brought to room temp for 24 hrs before use

Strain/age: ILGM Sour Diesel D68 above ground

light used: HLG 600 Rspec 20/4; keeping DLI at 40-45 (I adjust lights every time growth puts DLI at high range to drop back to 40).

Climate: temp 77-80; RH 45-50. Multiple oscillating fans to keep the plants moving a bit plus Infinity inline

Additional info: This is the only plant that has this. This tent’s plants had a rough start as I bought bad soil initially (and somewhat under watered). Plants were really stunted. I transplanted to FFHF and improved my watering and they’ve really done surprisingly well. I’ve checked to be sure this wasn’t getting notably more light (as it’s taller than most in the tent). I don’t believe it’s from leaves overlapping each other as they’re relatively sparse and I’ve tried to watch for overlapping/dampness. I’m very careful about not getting water on leaves, and I never have the watering container that high, anyway. Yellow traps aren’t catching anything. I’ve checked for bugs an hour after lights out - nothing.

I’m so perplexed. Can’t wait to hear what you experienced folks think.

Attachments

• 92D756D4-B4F5-461E-8869-FC418A033FDF.jpeg
    92D756D4-B4F5-461E-8869-FC418A033FDF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 8BE77181-A17E-44F4-A130-2926B9D84F9A.jpeg
    8BE77181-A17E-44F4-A130-2926B9D84F9A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 61
You have the famous Zebra Lock-out. I just made that up. It looks like several problems which usually starts with PH. I have not seen that pattern before but your leaf tips are fried and that is usually from too much fertilizer. 170 PPM starting water is getting high and may be high in Calcium, FFHF has some dolomite lime, you added some calcium earlier and the FF Trio has calcium? Too much calcium - maybe?

Do you know the PH in the root zone? Have you calibrated your PH pen?

You have the famous Zebra Lock-out. I just made that up. It looks like several problems which usually starts with PH. I have not seen that pattern before but your leaf tips are fried and that is usually from too much fertilizer. 170 PPM starting water is getting high and may be high in Calcium, FFHF has some dolomite lime, you added some calcium earlier and the FF Trio has calcium? Too much calcium - maybe?

Do you know the PH in the root zone? Have you calibrated your PH pen?
I check the pH pen against the standard solutions once a week (apera pen). I haven’t checked soil pH recently. After transplanting into the new soil I had checked runoff pH the next couple plain waterings (water in 6.5; water out was 6.3-ish). Should I check runoff again or do a slurry test (This would be a 1:1 soil and 6.5 distilled water mix, right?)?

I check the pH pen against the standard solutions once a week (apera pen). I haven’t checked soil pH recently. After transplanting into the new soil I had checked runoff pH the next couple plain waterings (water in 6.5; water out was 6.3-ish). Should I check runoff again or do a slurry test (This would be a 1:1 soil and 6.5 distilled water mix, right?)?
No, The best way to get the PH of the root zone is to use a probe such as the Accurate 8 or Blue Lab. Cheap ones don't work. There is a knock off of the Accurate 8 that is good. just get the one on sale as they are basically the same if you go that way.

Back