Outdoor Help me with moving my seedlings

Reaction score
Hey guys I have 6 afghan kush Ryder that I germed the "ronin way" in rapid rooters. They are about a week old and have been sprouted and under a cfl 24/7 for about 3 days. Are they ready to go into the holes I dug and filled with ffof? If so what time of day is best to do it? I hear the evening when the sun isn't as intense. But it is still getting down around 50 degrees at night here so that concerns me. Let me know what you think guys

Hi Andy, how big are the seedlings? The reason I ask is because those colder nights or any harsh conditions will affect a small plant more than a bigger one. I would not expect them to be too big, being under a cfl a week from sprout, so I'd say give them a bit longer under the light if you can.
You'll want to harden the seedlings off before transplanting outdoors too, this just means getting them used to outdoor conditions by gradually introducing them to the outdoor environment. A coldframe, greenhouse or polytunnel is ideal for this but it can be done without them if careful.
When it is time to transplant into the ground pick an overcast day followed by a mild night if possible. Also avoid prolonged periods of cold/high temps or heavy rain. Hope this helps and good luck!

Back