New Grower Have i missed anything ??

Reaction score
I'm going to start my grow at the end of the month and after asking a couple questions on here and taking a look at other posts I have finally devised a grow schedule , I'm trying to keep it as simple as I can as this is my first go at growing .

Firstly my grow space is a walk in closet that measures around 2m w by 2m wide by 1m depth .

I'm going to use a 250w hps on a 18-6 cycle .

Grow medium is biobizz all mix and I have plagron nutrients.

I'm going to put the seed straight into soil and germinate , only going to feed it pH water until it gets to the flower stage as my soil apparently has enough nutrients to last it a while and I don't want to overfeed with it being the first grow , I haven't seen anyone do this before so hopefully itl be OK and could even add some knowledge for AFN.

Lastly il be growing 2 plants 1x gsc autofem and 1xlsd25 both ordered from Herbie's.

So what do yous all think here at the AFN have I missed anything vital ?

Sounds good you could use some more light? A 400w hps would give you 100 w of HPS per sq meter. Or better still a big LED or two smaller LEDs? Peace

Thanks bunny I was thinking about this and think I may do it don't think there's much cost difference in the 2 lights itl just cost more on energy which is OK because il only have 1 light , I can't afford an led yet I don't trust the cheaper ones IV seen online after reading up on them , I may look into getting an expensive led down the line but for now like I say I'm just trying to keep it simple .

Should I get 2 bulbs for the light for veg and flower stage or is a dual spectrum good enough ?

Cheers , thanks for the help

That's a really
you can get 2 mars hydros from ebay for the cost of that one HPS... I use them and get great results. The mars 300 are a decent light.. many on here use them with great results.

This one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mars-Hydro-...162702?hash=item43e8a8740e:g:xTkAAOSwHPlWb3vD

That's a really good price mate maybe on my second grow il add some LEDs to get a better yield but for now I don't have much money and the grow shop il be buying from is literally about 2mile from my home so if I have any probs they can just replace it for me , I can get a 400w hps from them for about £70 including ballast ,

Will definitely look into getting some of those LEDs in future tho thanks mate

That's a really

That's a really good price mate maybe on my second grow il add some LEDs to get a better yield but for now I don't have much money and the grow shop il be buying from is literally about 2mile from my home so if I have any probs they can just replace it for me , I can get a 400w hps from them for about £70 including ballast ,

Will definitely look into getting some of those LEDs in future tho thanks mate
my pleasure.. I look forward to seeing your grow... hope for huge yields for you.

Back