Has anyone used the blumat jr to water

Reaction score
Has anyone used the blumat jr automatic watering system? I use autopots for my main plants but I want to add in a plant in a very small pot like 1/2 gallon but I do not really have the room for 1 more autopot tray in the tent. It looks like the blumat jr is just the small blumat with a tube that goes in a bottle next to the pot to water from. That looks like it would be ideal for what I want to do. I went with autopots instead of the regular bigger blumats was due to reading about leaks with the blumats but with this small of a bottle for the reservoir I am not that worried about it. Has anyone tried it?

Last edited:
I want to grow a small plant in a very small pot and I want to use my autopots watering system to water it but I do not have any more trays. Is there a way to piggyback off 1 of the trays that are in the tent to water the small container? I mean like sit the small container next to the plant in the tray and have it feed off the water feeding that tray? Is there any way to squeeze 1 more watering source from autopots without adding a new tray on it? If not do you know of an easy inexpensive way to automatic water a plant in a small pot on there?
You might be able to drill a small hole near the bottom of the autopot tray, drill a similar hole in the new plant vessel, then connect the two with a tube. If the hole is big enough, or if the autopot tray is a tiny bit higher, then water going thru the tube might be able to keep the levels the same.

If you have access to a 3D printer you could print a valve out yourself ;)

Thanks. I do not cut holes in the trays. I do not want to risk a flood in the tent. That is interesting that there is a 3d printer plan for it.

At Amazon 10-12.99
20200819_162207.jpg
20200819_162430.jpg
20200819_162229.jpg

I'm using one on my HSO Chocolate Mint OG, in a 3 gallon rain science bag

20200818_190456.jpg

On Amazon, type in " self watering indoor plant tree". Should take you to a few. I bought this in the 2 months of this year.

Thanks. How long have you been watering with it and has it worked well for you? I want something that can water a small pot like 1/2 gallon pot for a week at a time between refill on it.

Thanks. How long have you been watering with it and has it worked well for you? I want something that can water a small pot like 1/2 gallon pot for a week at a time between refill on it.
Just started using it!

Back