Lighting Hanging light distance guidelines ?

Reaction score
Hello AFN,
need some guidelines about distance of light from plants.
Let me explain my situation: I bought cheap chinese COB for growing seedlings for my outdoor. I exclusively only do guerilla growing, so far i just always did windowsill seedlings and off they went. To step up my game, i want to veg my seedlings under artificial light, as those windowsill seedlings are piss poor.
I know this is probably poor light, but i don´t plan flowering under it, just few 6weeks old seedlings is all i want from it. Please do not point out this is poor light, i know and believe its sufficient for my needs.
Here´s the thing: i want to keep light as close to plants as possible, both due to space limitations and preference for bushy, non-stretching seedlings. There are general guidelines for COB LED lights, and there are specific figures for my light (18-24 inches). However, due to fact that this is single COB, probably severly underpowered by driver, with 50W real power draw, i suspect real parameters to be rather off, so if real power isn´t what they claim (this is aliexpress stuff after all :)) maybe i could decrease the distance a bit ?
Now i don´t really understand sciece behind artificial lights, what i gather is it comes down to lumen flux or such measurable parameter i dont really get. I do have this picture though, and it shows some figures (not sure if relevant) measured at given distance uder this light.My light is the right (pink light) PAR-150. It shows 130 umol. Apparently, leftmost advanced model gives 504 umol at same distance. Is it safe to say, that with this light level, i can move closer to the plants ?
COB3.jpg

Thanks for any input.

ok guys i get it.
"research yourself"
ok
thanks
Veg you should have no worries with par. Also put it as close as they can take and not curl. No one height will work with any light. It's all in genetics as to how much they like or want.

I didn't get the light that I use from Ali Baba but it's a Mars Hydro TS600 which is basically a 100w lamp with the supposed output of a 600w lamp. These are the heights that Mars Hydro suggests.
1579718995439.jpeg

Back