Outdoor Guerilla grow using fertilizer stakes

E

ElGuapo

Does anyone have any experience or input with time release fertilizer stakes in an outdoor grow? Maybe a couple of the ones designed for tomatoes for bigger stuff like the Samurai Jacks I'm planning and a few of the smaller houseplant spikes for smaller varieties.

It's so convenient when you have to hike everything in to the site. I have used granular on some remote grows.

I hike in my stuff (FF line) in a backpack with me and leave it cached nearby... but I use liquid nutes...

I always had to haul water when I grew remote, so would just premix my nutes, load up and away I went. What's the NPK ratios on those fert spikes?

Not a fan of the spikes for herbal grows . You have no control of what and when the plants get . Have had decent results with guanos .

All my guerrilla stuff involved hauling everything in and out. There were no "cannabis targeted ferts" like Fox Farm, AN, or GH... Good growing advice was hard to find. So, we used ProMix, Osmocote, and Peters 20-20-20. It worked okay as far as plant growth and yield was concerned. The spikes you are referring to look more like bloom spikes than general nute spikes.

Wouldn't be my choice, not good for veg and not enough K for flowering. I'd go with a good organic soil mix containing composted manure and some blood and bone meal and epsom salts.

The ones I'm looking at are Jobes tomato formula 6-12-6.

Never used them for herb but did use them on my tomatoes last year and they didn't do a whole hell ofa lot for me.

yeah, I wouldn't use the spikes... better off making up a premixed organic solids type thing (blood meal, bone meal etc etc) and then hiking that in with you... mixing it with native soil where you're planting... then give a 3 inch layer of native / no ferted soil for starting in prevent burn) then plant.... otherwise... take a hike occasionally and feed / check on em... and just use liquids (easy mixing dosing)

Back