Growing full plants in tiny pots (coco)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

First post here. I'm curious about how small of a pot you have used for coco or any similar substrate.

I just finished a grow with .9 gallon (3.45L) floraflex pots and I had plenty of root room.

I was planning to use half gallon (1.9L) pots next, but I have an obsession with going even smaller.

I am now thinking about using the .22 gallon (0.85L) pots. The 4" ones.

I have an automated system set up so I can keep up with watering needs. I'm just a bit worried about root binding.

@BradyOG :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. Lots of us have grown from seed to harvest in a 18 oz. Solo Cup @St. Tom is a real pro at it. I personally grow in 6" rock wool cubes, drain to waste. I grew a 485g Panama Red Photoperiod plant in one. I average over 5 ounces for autos. So root binding should not be an issue.

_DSC1900.JPG

This is 6 plants in a 4x6x8 space.

Hi Everyone.

First post here. I'm curious about how small of a pot you have used for coco or any similar substrate.

I just finished a grow with .9 gallon (3.45L) floraflex pots and I had plenty of root room.

I was planning to use half gallon (1.9L) pots next, but I have an obsession with going even smaller.

I have an automated system set up so I can keep up with watering needs. I'm just a bit worried about root binding.
Hello have a look at he solo grows

Hi Everyone.

Ive grown in lots of small container s solo cups and 1 and 2 litre bottles all with no issues

We loves pot in a small pot here. 500ml specials.

You have the links above, definite good reading.

@BradyOG :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:. Lots of us have grown from seed to harvest in a 18 oz. Solo Cup @St. Tom is a real pro at it. I personally grow in 6" rock wool cubes, drain to waste. I grew a 485g Panama Red Photoperiod plant in one. I average over 5 ounces for autos. So root binding should not be an issue.

View attachment 1362440

This is 6 plants in a 4x6x8 space.

Yeah I'm going to go with 6" cube pots for my next grow. Definitely some impressive solo cup grows, but I wouldn't want something that small. I'm trying to max my oz per dollar, so I've been going smaller and smaller pots to try and not waste nutrients. Because I do drain to waste as well.

Thank you for the reply!

Back