Grow Tent + Light Combination for 4 decent sized plants

Reaction score
Hello AFN,

So i recently started my first grow off in a 3x3 Mars Hydro Tent with 1 Mars Hydro Ts1000. I want to purchase and set up a 2nd more personalized grow as the main one is a group project. I Have to Keep it in a bedroom where i sleep and spend all day n night keeping Azeroth from Burning. Anywho i like the 3x3 but it comes out quite a distance limiting a big part the room. I was Thinking of Going with a 2x4. Id grab this tent 2x4 Mars Hydro. With all this being said Can i comfortably run 4 autos seed to Harvest in a tent this size? Also what led would be best for this size of a tent? I'll be using 3gallon Smart Pots if that matters. Most likely will also grab light from Mars as well considering sofar everything ive purchased from them has been awesome. Thanks AFN!!

-Chezz

Hello AFN,

So i recently started my first grow off in a 3x3 Mars Hydro Tent with 1 Mars Hydro Ts1000. I want to purchase and set up a 2nd more personalized grow as the main one is a group project. I Have to Keep it in a bedroom where i sleep and spend all day n night keeping Azeroth from Burning. Anywho i like the 3x3 but it comes out quite a distance limiting a big part the room. I was Thinking of Going with a 2x4. Id grab this tent 2x4 Mars Hydro. With all this being said Can i comfortably run 4 autos seed to Harvest in a tent this size? Also what led would be best for this size of a tent? I'll be using 3gallon Smart Pots if that matters. Most likely will also grab light from Mars as well considering sofar everything ive purchased from them has been awesome. Thanks AFN!!

-Chezz

Could get tight but you might be fine. Autocobs, Horticulture Lighting Group, DIY LED strip builds are efficient and cost effective, Spider Farmer, and Mars. Depends on your budget and how you might manage your plants if you want something easily adjustable or better light coverage or efficiency.

@FTF_damien50 knows lots more about this than I do, but my ~2x4 growdrobe is actually a bit more than 9 square feet, and 4 plants in there would be close to undoable unless they were exceptionally small, at least that would be the case with the autopot setup I used. If I were you, I would be thinking 2 good sized plants, or 3 if a couple of them are known to be modest size, which is what my grow was. OTOH, if you train and trim aggressively, you might make 4 work, but it could get really tight. If you try it with 4, you will want to be careful about air circulation and humidity, and plan on trimming to allow air flow through the canopy because it could get plugged.

Good luck with your decision and the grow. :pighug:

Hello AFN,

-Chezz
If 4 small size plants, 2'x4' tent is enough, TSL2000 or SP3000 light will match

I flower in a 2x4 tent with 2 ltr pots. I keep 4 flowering at all times which does make it tight especially when I've topped or lst'ed a couple. Very doable. I just threw 2 month old ladies in with the other 4 to see how it's done. Now that's a full tent. Plenty of air circulation is needed.

Back