Outdoor Greenhouse questions: temps, humidity, ventilation

Reaction score
So, I am currently in the process of building a mini greenhouse for the ladies. It is a 8 ft tall, 8 ft wide, 3 ft deep half tunnel.
You can see a pic in my grow thread: https://www.autoflower.org/index.ph...door-organic-attempt.47015/page-2#post-890710

The question I have is about ventilation and temperatures. For the next 10 days it will be 70s-80s daytime and high 40s-50s at night. Is it better to use a breathable bug fabric until fall really arrives, or plastic sheet? What temp range am I trying to maintain?

Or do I really need to go option C, which is figuring out a method to vent during the day and button up at night? Easily achievable if I scrap the bug netting altogether, but that leaves me open to pests...

Advice?

So, I am currently in the process of building a mini greenhouse for the ladies. It is a 8 ft tall, 8 ft wide, 3 ft deep half tunnel.
You can see a pic in my grow thread: https://www.autoflower.org/index.ph...door-organic-attempt.47015/page-2#post-890710

The question I have is about ventilation and temperatures. For the next 10 days it will be 70s-80s daytime and high 40s-50s at night. Is it better to use a breathable bug fabric until fall really arrives, or plastic sheet? What temp range am I trying to maintain?

Or do I really need to go option C, which is figuring out a method to vent during the day and button up at night? Easily achievable if I scrap the bug netting altogether, but that leaves me open to pests...

Advice?

My first ever grow was in a cold frame green house. On hot sunny days I'd open the flap/door so it wouldnt cook the plants. 25-28c would be the best temperature for them. Just be careful and don't let it drop under 15C it will slow the growth down or even kill it (worst case scenario) I didn't use bug netting but if I had it I would of used it. For ventilation I just had a oscillating fan and that kept the humidity down and nice fresh air for them.

Also when the sun went down I checked the ceiling and walls for condensation of there was any I'd wipe it up with a cloth to make sure no water would drop onto then.

Thanks. I ended up doing a double layer on the sides, plastic and bug net. Through an overly complicated multi clip system I am able to fully vent without opening up to pests.

So far so good, no condensation yet. I'm a bit nervous about the fall, but it is a learning experience:)

Thanks. I ended up doing a double layer on the sides, plastic and bug net. Through an overly complicated multi clip system I am able to fully vent without opening up to pests.

So far so good, no condensation yet. I'm a bit nervous about the fall, but it is a learning experience:)

When I had my greenhouse grow I finished in September wasn't to bad... Did get a bit or rot on one plant. Just keep air circulating and keep water out of your greenhouse. You should be sound. Best of luck man

My greenhouse grow is almost done .

Back