Old Reviews Gorilla Tent vs AC Infinity Cloudlab tent micro-review

CannabisMingus

"Russian warship, go F yourself"
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabbing Sour Stomper
Thought I would post my impressions of these tents just in case someone's interested. I own one of each (Gorilla 24x30") and a Cloudlab 632 (20x36"). They are very similar hence the "micro-review." IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Here are the links to the product pages: Gorilla 2x2.5 Grow Tent: Indoor Grow Tent Kit Complete (gorillagrowtent.com)
1641429226420.png

CLOUDLAB 632, Advance Grow Tent, 2000D Diamond Mylar Canvas, 36" x 20" x 62" - AC Infinity

1641429253714.png

Construction:

Both are well-constructed. The poles on the AC Infinity are more sturdy, but that's model dependent. The AC Infinity fabric should feel thicker/denser as it is rated at a higher density (2000D v the 1680 of the Gorilla) but the Gorilla materials seems thicker and noticeably denser.

The Gorilla has a few "pinhole" type holes around Velcro attachments etc. but they are minimal.

The biggest quality difference is the zips. The Gorilla's are significantly more robust and operate more smoothly. Moreover, the design of the closures is superior in the Gorilla as explained below. The Cloudlab's zip has quite a bit of light leakage through it when closed. It doesn't really matter to me as I grow autos exclusively, but if I were a photo or mixed grower I would have reservations.

Design:

I'm still not sold on the curved zip design. Although I have no data, it seems like it would necessarily have a higher failure rate. It's nice having only one to deal with, but Gorilla's rectilinear zip layout - and heavy duty zips - are a significant difference.

Ultimately, the layout and features are model-specific and driven by individual grower preference, but In terms of ports, vents, etc. it appears to be a draw. They both have good layouts with multiple venting, fan porting, and wiring options. Both use 2x enclosure ports. The Clouldlab's port and mounting for teh cAC controller is cool if you have a ACI system.

Overall Quality vs Value:

Overall, the Gorilla has higher quality in design and materials, but Cloudlab was solid as well. These are two of each company's smallest tents, so the price differential ($99 for Cloudlab vs $197 for Gorilla) is minimal. The price v value ratio beaks down as you to bigger tents. For example, the ACI Clouldlab 844 (4x4) at $150 vs the Gorilla 4x4 $359. AT this price point, the value of the extra quality become more questionable. If money wasn't a factor, I would go Gorilla. Cannot really go wrong either way.

Nice review. Thanks for taking the time to do a write up.

One difference in opinion.... I do think the $100 difference is quite significant between the Gorilla and the ACI. I would be interested to see a comparison between the ACI and a similarly priced MarsHydro tent. I would expect the Gorilla to be much nicer at nearly double the price.

I have a very small Gorilla clone tent and it is definitely high quality. I have no complaints on anything I've bought from ACI so far either. All my Mars kit has been good too.... shoot... it's like they're all making decent stuff now!

Nice review. I think the clincher for me was the height difference - 5 foot tall vs 7 feet tall.
I was seduced by a Black Friday sale and moved up to 8 feet tall with the Gorilla 4x2 on the theory that you can always use extra space and preserve your options for the future...
I'm new to this and height seemed to make sense. So don't mistake my amateur height bias for an informed opinion. The more I learn here, the more I see how it is done in shorter environments.
Thanks for the comparison.

Yes the height extensions available for the gorilla tents is one of the clinchers. Since moving I can’t use my 4x4 yet, so I’m running in my 4x2 shorty which would normally be my veg tent. The shorty is only 4’11” = shorty get it? It does come with an extension included which would take it to 5’7”. But I was able to pick up a 2’ extension for $50 and now have a 6’11” tent. Pretty big deal.

The biggest deal (to me) with the gorillas is the front double doors. They allow you full access to your tent on both sides. Might not be a big deal in a smaller tent. But absolutely hell in a 4x4 and above. Other tents like the AC, Vivosun, whatever have the wraparound doors and not enough access points.

FWIW, the gorilla lite line is priced more like the others, but retains most of the standard gorilla features.

Back