Germination + outdoor

Reaction score
Hello fellow autoflowerists! I have never used Rockwool and was wondering about the pros and cons of germination in Rockwool (actually never germinated + outdoor anything before, always used clones so I am a bit experienced with already a bit grown babies)
In theory what I plan to do is:
  1. pre-soak seeds in ph adjusted water 5.5 for 24hrs (should i adjust ph or tap water is just fine?)
  2. let the Rockwool soak few minutes in 5.5ph water + root booster, let the excess water go away and put seeds in
  3. Then after few days ill transplant into small pots, then to final big pots (as per This nice idea )
I would be really grateful if smbd could help me out and spend some time with me to discuss several questions I have !

- Did I choose an OK germination approach ?
- How often to water the Rockwool? ive never used it, it should be soaked all the time i believe, dont let it dry out - but I guess it should stay really moist for couple of days since the first soaking.
- Whats the timing for transplantation from rockwool to small pots - when i start to see roots from the bottom? And to final pots - I plan after flowers get to 10-15 cm height

- Whats the ideal PH water for babies, 5.5-6.0 should be fine, i guess? better for it to be closer to 6 or to 5.5?
- Can I place my babies right away outside on a direct sunlight as soon as they start to emerge, or should i give them some space indoor behind the window in the first place? (i have a little greenhouse, 30x30 cm which i will use to protect them and to keep humidity - was planning to keep it inside, but as the weather is getting warmer i hope they can stay outside during the day as soon as they start to pop out of the rockwool - or maybe after being planted in first little own pots, nights are still cold around 5dgs so home overnight)

Also if you have some basic tips on the topic, what to be cautious about or some guides - ill be more than happy to read through them :) been reading through the internet for the past couple of days, however as usually - there are 1000 different opinions on the topic so ill try to do it my way and the best way possible

Thank you and best of luck with your loves !

Welcome to AFN...you'll get a thousand more ideas here! Some will be so complex, you'll say WTF all that but at least you'll have advice for every stage. Your task is to glean the pepper from the fly shit...
That being said, I'll share a story with you that may just answer most of your questions.
15 yrs ago, there was very little info available about cultivating cannabis but I wanted to be the curator of my own therefore control the quality I desired for my old ass maladies.
Problem then wasn't HOW...it was WHERE! We all have friends who've emptied bank accounts because of a joint.
Anyway.....my first seed buy was joint doctor low ryder II . I had just started dating a school teacher who lived in a resort area couple hours away...she had a nice lake home and many many flowers inside and out which she wintered in a adjacent building with a 1000w hps…..Guess you know what I did.....YEP...placed a few seeds amongst her younger plants without her knowledge. She used plain potting mix, cheap cause she used so much. A week later most had popped. So my school teacher gf germed my seeds and didn't even know it!
I still place a seed in my selected medium, moisten and smoke a doob.

Back