General growing question, do you experience this

Reaction score
I am growing in a 4x8 tent. I have done 5-6 successful grows. Here is my question...Growing 6 seeds same brand, same lights, same soil, all started same time. It seems like I always have one plant that finishes 7-10 days earlier, one plant that is not as healthy as the rest, etc. Do you guys see this sometimes? I assume genetics is the answer.

Natural phenotypic variation (genetic mutations), with each seed likely unique (in terms of gene sequences and their expression). Plants have more of this due to being simpler; with plant cells having fewer and poorer gene sequence editing and correction mechanisms (when being replicated/copied) vs. animals and humans.

Breeders must put in work and some luck is still required to be able to produce seeds that grow with consistency, match strain descriptions and each other.

Last edited:
I am growing in a 4x8 tent. I have done 5-6 successful grows. Here is my question...Growing 6 seeds same brand, same lights, same soil, all started same time. It seems like I always have one plant that finishes 7-10 days earlier, one plant that is not as healthy as the rest, etc. Do you guys see this sometimes? I assume genetics is the answer.

It took me five years to work out that this is normal. I didn't really twig still I started growing 4 at time. Just grew two Double Seeds Blackberry Gum auto in mini pyramids, one produced 1.5oz and was 13" tall and the other one looked totally different and grew to 32" and surprised me with over 3oz of tight resiny buds.

BGT - 1.jpeg

Yup, right now in my first grow even. 2 Cherry pie Autos sprouted a week apart.
The first one is now week 8 and has been blooming since week 3. Should be done the coming days. The younger sister entered week 7 and only now has started to flower.

Back