Fox Farms Nutrients do you use them?

One Puff

Are you sure you are not living in a computer game
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Something I Grew
Howdy
New to the forum. Been growing for about 2 years semi successfu. Lots of research, lots of misinformation, lots of confusion. Today I joined ATN and came to the realization that most of my problems are due to my misunderstanding of information out there. I use FF liquid nutrients (more than just the trio) and after reading the post (thanks Mañ'O'Green) about salt based fertilizers and a balanced mix of nutrients for feeding, I am baffled how I can achieve a balanced combination with the various FF nutrients. Additionally the feeding schedule of 2x per week doesn’t work as I am only feeding once per week which is too much from what I have learned in the forum today. So I am uncertain what nutrients, what amounts to use.

I currently have the following FF nutrients (Cal/Mag, Big Bloom, Grow Big, Kangaroots, Iron, Tiger Bloom, Bembe, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching.

What FF nutrients do you use for your successful grow and do you use a FF feeding schedule? Do you modify it? Did you make your own?

I'm on my 5th grow with FF. I use the Grow big at just under half of recommended every other watering from their 2nd week all the way into preflower. I switch to Big boom and Tiger bloom after the first week of flower again at under half recommended. I use a cal/mag but haven't tried FF cal/mag yet. I've gotten better with every grow so I'm able to use the FF stuff to my advantage and am happy with it. I hope to be able to use additional FF products in future grows.

I use the entire fox farm line minus flower kiss, bembe, wholly mackerel, and all the dry ferts.

Great success so far but all of fox farms feeding schedules are way to hot even for photos. Depending on the line you may have to half the doses if you're in fox farm soil too.

Screenshot_20230106_062126_Samsung Notes.jpg

This is fox farms feed schedule. Its already balanced as far as nutrients interaction is concerned. The only thing is depending on medium and what water you are using it is hot as hell. Peat and full soil mediums definitely need to get cut back by half or more or your ec and ppm will be way out of whack.

In filtered spring water a full dose feed comes out to over 1500ppm. This bit me in the ass with my current run as the build up of nutrient salts was slow and hit me with a magnesium lockout from loading the plant up with way too much nitrogen.

As far as balance like I said if you cut back, cut back equally on everything. For veg i would reccomend half doses in soils on photos and 1/3 doses for autos and during flower keep the half doses for photos and autos.

Last edited:
I use the entire fox farm line minus flower kiss, bembe, wholly mackerel, and all the dry ferts.

Great success so far but all of fox farms feeding schedules are way to hot even for photos. Depending on the line you may have to half the doses if you're in fox farm soil too.

View attachment 1562759
This is fox farms feed schedule. Its already balanced as far as nutrients interaction is concerned. The only thing is depending on medium and what water you are using it is hot as hell. Peat and full soil mediums definitely need to get cut back by half or more or your ec and ppm will be way out of whack.

In filtered spring water a full dose feed comes out to over 1500ppm. This bit me in the ass with my current run as the build up of nutrient salts was slow and hit me with a magnesium lockout from loading the plant up with way too much nitrogen.

As far as balance like I said if you cut back, cut back equally on everything. For veg i would reccomend half doses in soils on photos and 1/3 doses for autos and during flower keep the half doses for photos and autos.
Also its not reccomended but if you have a photo or slow flowering auto I would use a 1/2 dose of cal/mag the first week or 2 of flower but you wont need it otherwise

What is your growing medium, soil or coco? And what brand?

What is your growing medium, soil or coco? And what brand?
This grow I used a basic organic potting soil I added perlite 20% by volume for my 5 gallon fabric bags. Previous grows I’ve used Coco Loco, Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. I will be going back to FF potting soil and maybe switching to Nature’s Living Soil and make the process less complicated.

Attachments

• EAC6EF8A-3E6B-4B62-9DCF-21EBDAE5CAEE.jpeg
    EAC6EF8A-3E6B-4B62-9DCF-21EBDAE5CAEE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 4BE63CDB-304A-47BC-8C73-F848E819059A.jpeg
    4BE63CDB-304A-47BC-8C73-F848E819059A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
With autos all you need is cal mag, grow big and tiger bloom. The rest of the lineup is not needed
100% this. 5 grows with nothing but this and water. I am interested in trying out a flower booster or trichome enhancer or something like that just to see if I can tell any difference in an upcoming grow.

I was using the while line up except for flower kiss. And there powers. Just used gh maxi bloom and kool bloom instead. did half strength. Just recently I have changed. Way to much mixing and what not. Went or Im going with ff hf fruit and flower. I just started so not sure how its going to work but hell of alot less work So far. But there bottles grow some dank dense buds. I have nothing against there they worked just to much work to use them. And wanted to go organic as well. Going to use up whats left in my veggie garden this summer.

With autos all you need is cal mag, grow big and tiger bloom. The rest of the lineup is not needed
Would you mind if it’s not too time consuming to share your feeding schedule. Thanks

Back