First timer..... Help brown leaf tips

Reaction score
Hi all I need your help

I have a northern light auto
Its day 36 I'm getting some brown crispy leaf problems
Seems to be all over and not just at the top of her
My set up is shit really 5l pot with soil in an old fridge with a 90w ufo over it light is about 700mm from the canopy
No feeding only water the water pH is about 6.5
So my initial thought was light burn so I moved the light up to the 700mm from about 500mm but 2day there's More brown crisp leaf
Could I be over watering, under waterng is it light burn or a mixture ov all of it Coz iv no idea what I'm doing lol
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_163714.jpg
    IMG_20200515_163714.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi all I need your help

I have a northern light auto
Its day 36 I'm getting some brown crispy leaf problems
Seems to be all over and not just at the top of her
My set up is shit really 5l pot with soil in an old fridge with a 90w ufo over it light is about 700mm from the canopy
No feeding only water the water pH is about 6.5
So my initial thought was light burn so I moved the light up to the 700mm from about 500mm but 2day there's More brown crisp leaf
Could I be over watering, under waterng is it light burn or a mixture ov all of it Coz iv no idea what I'm doing lol
Thanks all
Are you growing her organically or with deadutrients ?
What is your medium? Are you using soil from the garden store DIY compost? What's your base for your plant to grow in?
36 days without no feed she's pretty small she looks to me.
She looks like she's got couple different issues going on here now. calcium and magnesium deficiencies :greencheck:
I'm not sure but the soil looks like it was pretty wet? but it also looks like you just watered it. But by the look of the leaves there a little bit wilted crinkly so to speak. to me that's an indication of a little too much water possibly in the pot. not always... just there's a lot going on with her so there's could be a few things.
The Ph water is in the right ballpark. Your light M?m but you got to work with what you got to work with.. Bu those are my ideas
:goodluck::smokeout:

Are you growing her organically or with deadutrients ?
What is your medium? Are you using soil from the garden store DIY compost? What's your base for your plant to grow in?
36 days without no feed she's pretty small she looks to me.
She looks like she's got couple different issues going on here now. calcium and magnesium deficiencies :greencheck:
I'm not sure but the soil looks like it was pretty wet? but it also looks like he would just watered it. But by the look of the leaves there a little bit wilted crinkly so to speak. to me that's an indication of a little too much water possibly in the pot. not always... just there's a lot going on with her so there's could be a few things.
The Ph water is in the right ballpark. Your light M?m but you got to work with what you got to work with.. Bu those are my ideas
:goodluck::smokeout:
So yeah there are a lot of problems and far from ideal conditions but that's what I have lol no nuts at all I'm thinking iv over watered also it's just diy compost but it's really old so doubt there's any nutrition left in it it was just watered b4 the pic

So yeah there are a lot of problems and far from ideal conditions but that's what I have lol no nuts at all I'm thinking iv over watered also it's just diy compost but it's really old so doubt there's any nutrition left in it it was just watered b4 the pic
Buy or get some good gardening soil and up pot her to a bigger pot.
Water (litely) the new soil before transplanting. Then give her a day or two recover.
Give her good lightt , 60 to 65% humidity, temps between 60°f to 80°f, with a nice fan blowing on her. :pass:

I agree your problem is your soil, not your watering or light.

You can't plant in straight compost, you need a potting soil. Avoid anything by fox farms.

Is the fridge you are growing in actively ventilated? Do you have an extraction fan?

No but I have got some vent holes around it so air is moving waiting for my fan to arrive
If I repot what soil do you recommend I'd like somthing all in 1 if poss

If you want an all in one (full nutrients, water only). You're going to have to mix it yourself.

I suggest checking out the organics section here and read up on mixing your own TLO soil. In the mean time I would find a decent soil and feed her something basic like fish emulsion. I can't say what you have available as potting soil is highly regional. ROOTS makes a great potting soil if you can get that. My personal favorite is EB stone 420 mix or edna's best, but that's kind of a west coast/pnw deal.

You absolutely must have active ventilation in a confined space. I would advise leaving the door of the fridge open until your inline fan arrives.

Back