First time grow, am i doing anything wrong?

Reaction score
Hi all,
So on 30/4 i planted an Auto Northern Light seed in a pot with bio bizz light mix and covered it with half a plastic bottle and placed it in my greenhouse along with the bottle due to colder temperatures at night (and my greenhouse having a small tear inside it)

I’ve been giving it around 50ml of water every 3-4 days so far and i’ve kept the plastic bottle on and it’s still inside the greenhouse

When should i take it out of my greenhouse and remove the plastic bottle as i’ve heard that mold can form on the plant when it’s not had adequate air flow
It’s around 4cm tall currently (7/5/22)
Temps can reach about 6 celcius at night so my only concern is it being too cold when it’s outdoors with no greenhouse or other protection

I personally remove mine after I get my first true leaves. Normally within 2-3 days after she starts breaking the surface.

@desertxvenom :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

Why do you want to take it out of the greenhouse? You need to fix the tear. 6°C is too cold growth will stop.

I agree with @Badfinger about taking the humidity dome off with the first true leaves.

@DEXTERxMORGAN :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

Why do you want to take it out of the greenhouse? You need to fix the tear. 6°C is too cold growth will stop.

I agree with @Badfinger about taking the humidity dome off with the first true leaves.
My main concern is the potential for any mold to start growing due to not having any sort of breeze on the plant

My main concern is the potential for any mold to start growing due to not having any sort of breeze on the plant
Yes you are talking about damping off and yes it is a valid concern.

Yes you are talking about damping off and yes it is a valid concern.
For now i’ve removed the humidity dome and kept it in the greenhouse (will fix the tear later)
I have a few more seeds if this one fails as it allows me to learn for the next time i try

For now i’ve removed the humidity dome and kept it in the greenhouse (will fix the tear later)
I have a few more seeds if this one fails as it allows me to learn for the next time i try
What do you grow in the green house - other than weed?

Back