Grow Mediums (First Time) Biotabs Autoflower and Autopots questions

Reaction score
Hi guys, not my first time growing but jumping ship on Autopots + Biotabs for the first time. I've had enough of hand watering and I want to give Coco a try. Prior I have been using BioBizz Light & All Mix.

I have done some research prior to this but it looks like there are many different ways on how to approach this.
I'm kind of confused here as many people out there say different things and I want to make sure things start right.

My Setup:
3x Autopots, 15l, 2x Biotabs max per pot (there won't be room for a 4th autopot in my tent 92cmx54cm)
50% Biobizz Coco Mix + 50% Perlite
Biotabs Starter Kit (I'll be going strictly with the plan from biotabs when it comes to Autopots)
ZKittlez OG from Barneys Farm

My questions are actually directed to biotabs and how to use them properly and one questions regarding clay pebbles.

1) Some people out there do not plant the biotabs until Week 2 or 3. Others start with 1 Biotab and then add another once the plant has grown a bit (maybe to the edges, so around Week 2-3). The official Biotabs YouTube video says start with one and then a couple weeks later (whatever that means btw) plant the 2nd biotabs when it comes to Autoflower.
- Can someone who has done this let me know how they're approaching this? I've seen many people end up with over fertilized plants in the first weeks because of using too much biotabs. Start with none, or one? I assume both in the beginning is too much but since this is coco I'm not sure.

2) Biotabs says plant them 10cm into the ground, some people I have read only go for 5cm deep?

3) Clay Pebbles: Bottom of the Autopot should be filled 1 – 1.5” (25 – 38mm) deep. Would love to know how much you guys put in there.
I'll make sure to wash my clay pebbles and leave them in my tap water for 24+hrs before putting them in.

I understood that I need to handwater for the first 14-21 days until the plant reaches the edges, only then I start the reservoir.

Any other helpful tips?
I'm going to read the troubleshooting with autovalve thread (https://www.autoflower.org/threads/troubleshooting-the-autovalve.80529/) as some people had problems and their tent got flooded which I want to overcome.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, not my first time growing but jumping ship on Autopots + Biotabs for the first time. I've had enough of hand watering and I want to give Coco a try. Prior I have been using BioBizz Light & All Mix.

I have done some research prior to this but it looks like there are many different ways on how to approach this.
I'm kind of confused here as many people out there say different things and I want to make sure things start right.

My Setup:
3x Autopots, 15l, 2x Biotabs max per pot (there won't be room for a 4th autopot in my tent 92cmx54cm)
50% Biobizz Coco Mix + 50% Perlite
Biotabs Starter Kit (I'll be going strictly with the plan from biotabs when it comes to Autopots)
ZKittlez OG from Barneys Farm

My questions are actually directed to biotabs and how to use them properly and one questions regarding clay pebbles.

1) Some people out there do not plant the biotabs until Week 2 or 3. Others start with 1 Biotab and then add another once the plant has grown a bit (maybe to the edges, so around Week 2-3). The official Biotabs YouTube video says start with one and then a couple weeks later (whatever that means btw) plant the 2nd biotabs when it comes to Autoflower.
- Can someone who has done this let me know how they're approaching this? I've seen many people end up with over fertilized plants in the first weeks because of using too much biotabs. Start with none, or one? I assume both in the beginning is too much but since this is coco I'm not sure.

2) Biotabs says plant them 10cm into the ground, some people I have read only go for 5cm deep?

3) Clay Pebbles: Bottom of the Autopot should be filled 1 – 1.5” (25 – 38mm) deep. Would love to know how much you guys put in there.
I'll make sure to wash my clay pebbles and leave them in my tap water for 24+hrs before putting them in.

I understood that I need to handwater for the first 14-21 days until the plant reaches the edges, only then I start the reservoir.

Any other helpful tips?
I'm going to read the troubleshooting with autovalve thread (https://www.autoflower.org/threads/troubleshooting-the-autovalve.80529/) as some people had problems and their tent got flooded which I want to overcome.

Thanks in advance!
I have not used biotabs but I will address the clay pebbles. DO NOT use them. They do nothing for you. I use 100% Botanicare Cocogro. No pebbles. No air domes. Search for biotabs and you will find many here who use it. Good growing and stay safe.

Biotabs are just a brand name for dry fertilizer spikes. Fertilizer spikes have been around since humans invented horticulture.

Don't get hung up on the marked-up brand-name cannabis product, just check out your local garden store, they probably sell fertilizer spikes as well.

That said, auto-watering, bottom-feeding hydro setups like autopots are really not suited for organic dry amendments in a coco-based medium. I also second the comment about clay pebbles; useless for your application.

Back