First grower: Watering auto after end of week 2?

Reaction score
Hello, Forum!
Very first time grower here with a very first post and quesrion.
I have been reading forums and watching videos for the past month almost constantly to educate myself. However, I am a bit confused how to proceed next.

For watering I use bottled water, stabilized at pH 7 (+/- 0.5)

Today 08.05, I am at day 15.
My Autoflower EasyBud sprouted on the 24.04 in one of those circle pea pellets, which get bigger when first soaked in deionized distilled water.

I am planning on growiing it outside in a pot, just waiting for the night temps to normalize and get a little bit closer to the day ones. For now I am leaving it outside under the sun for the whole day and bringing it back inside at around 19:00pm in the evening until 12:00pm in the afternoon under a 130W 6700K CFL or when the weather outside is poor. Trying to stick close to 18/6 light schedule.

Until today I have been sticking to this watering schedule which helped a lot ( https://www.autoflower.org/threads/how-much-and-how-often-do-you-water-seedlings.56510/ ) with the only difference, that I placed the pellet with the seedling in a 12l pot with Canna Terra soil with a layer of perlite on the very bottom, just above the holes of the pot on day 3.

So shortly:
Day 3: 50ml just around the stem
Day 6: 50ml just around the stem
Day 8: 50ml just around the stem
Day 10: 50ml just around the stem
Day 12: 100ml just around the stem
Day 14: 100ml just around the stem

Day 15 (today) : 100ml but this time I used sprayer and sprayed everywhere on the soil surface, EXCEPT around the stem, while protecting the leaves, because I have never wetted the soil which is away from the stem and it looked very very dry.

My question is, how shall I start watering from now on? Should I start watering the whole pot until a slight run-off at the bottom, then check if the first inch of soil is dry and water again util run-off (once in 3-4 days?)
Attaching a picture of the flower made today. IMG_20220508_105636.jpgIMG_20220508_114856.jpg

Just want to get as much experience as possible to ensure my next grows will be successful (White Widow auto, Green Gelato Auto, Northern Light Auto)

Last edited:
Hey dude, welcome.. New grower here, but I agree with full watering 'til runoff. That's what gives me the best results. Best of luck!

(There's a good thread about watering on the forum but can't find the link anymore)

Back