Indoor First grow Planning.

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to growing although I have been reading about growing for a number of years i am wanting to start my first grow and I am wanting to know if the equipment I have lined up will do the job, I am wanting to grow Dutch Passion's Autoblackberry Kush and Mephisto genetics Sour Bubbling Crack (Sour Crack x Hubbabubbasmelloscope) I'm wanting to grow about 4 plants but i am extremely limited to space the only tent i can fit into the space i have is a secret jardin DS60. I plant to use 11 litre pots and a mars hydro 400w led, 4" rhino carbon filter also with the full range of biobizz nutrients along with canna pk 13/14 and evolution foliar spray and a bio bizz light mix with added perlite if anyone has any tips or adjustments i could make all help would be thoroughly appreciated. Also i will be growing in a loft space and its rather cold where i am and the loft is about 15c during the day and drops below 10c at night would the soil and the led provide sufficient heat? Thanks in advance!

Those temps are too cold for growing.Temp should be around 75f to 80f.LED'S give out very little heat soi'm not sure if they will raise the temps up that much.You could try and use a small electric heater or just hang some larger cfl bulbs with reflectors like I do and that might work.

Thank you for the advice I knew the temps where too cold it was more for the heat given out by the led but I may just use a reptile ceramic heater on a thermostat that should probably do the trick. The only thing I'd have trouble with is the placement as if I place it at the top would the heat not be taken out by the extractor fan? as I couldn't put it at the bottom with a risk of burning the plants.

Try and keep the heater as low as possible,maybe on some kind of stand and don't have it blowing directly on your plants.Also try and have a small fan to circulate the air

The ceramic heater I would use would give off IR hear in all direction and no light and I might just go for the CFLs could you recommend any?

I use one of those 40w tube heaters keeps my temps perfect .before i could not get heat to the bottom of the tent so it was always cooler there because the leds dont give off alot of heat to get to the bottom now my baby girl is lovely and warm from top to bottom

I run my room in the mid 60s so if my fan fails I have some time to catch it. I have not noticed a problem with the cooler temps.

As you're already discussing; temps.

If you can put the space heater on he bottom of the tent and facing away from your plants, that would help. A heating pad under the plants to keep the roots warm would also help. Once the plants get taller you don't have to worry about the heater burning them because it will be below the canopy.

Of most LEDs on the market, the Mars will put of the most heat - but you're going to need to take other measures.

Are you planning on running your fan 24/7?

Back