New Grower First grow Mostly Mephisto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Grape Stomper
Okay, so here I will document my first grow, and just generally share my thoughts and questions. I would be extra grateful of any input and guidance that was shared. I have helped with a few grows, but they've all been outdoor and photoperiod... With that said...

I have a 4x4 tent, 1000 watt HPS / MH switchable ballast with a sun systems sealed hood. I also have an 8 bulb T5 for early veg... I am using 5 gallon buckets that have had between 15-25 holes drilled in the very bottom and along the outside edge of the bottom. They are filled with a mix of Coco-Tek coco, Fox farm coco-loco, and perlite.
I think i may have used too much perlite...
I have a carbon filter and a 6 inch inline can fan. Its setup to suck in through the filter and push the air through the hood and out of the tent to help with heat reduction. Its a negative pressure i believe?

A few things that concern me... the medium either being too hot with salts and or nutes... and the ppm of my water (350ppm)... I feel confident about 79% of the time, the rest of the time im freakin out! I am not sure if i should just put the seed directly in the mix, water and wait for it to pop, or use a paper towel ( i have never been sucessful with that).... I know I wanna use LST to increase yeild and keep the height down. I am still not sure how many plants to fit in a 4 foot by 4 foot tent with my 1000 watt.
I was thinking about 7. I have 2,- 4 gallon buckets to use with my 5 , 5 gallon buckets... will the 2 pot sizes matter with me doing LST, couldnt i theoretically train the shorter bucket ones to be a smidge taller to keep the canopy even? Its a lot... more to come... beans are in the mail, just a waiting game. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back