Outdoor First grow: issue w/ PH level..........

M

McHoop

I'm two or more weeks from harvest and it seems like development has stalled out. Definitely not "explosive". I'm growing in two gallon nursery pots with JustRight Xtra. Nutes have been GH Grow, Bloom and Bio Bud. However, I did fudge and recently dosed them with Cha-ching.

I was at Lowe's this morning and happened to see one of those PH meter probes that cost around $10. I picked one up. I had previously just this morning watered with Bloom and Bio Bud so the medium was still wet. When I tested it showed 5 on the PH.

Anyone have experience w/ this sort of meter? Accurate? Would the recent dose of nutes; especially Cha-ching have an impact? Should I treat the medium? With just over two weeks left will it make an impact? Quickest remedy? Amount?

Sorry for all the questions but as everyone can understand, I don't want this to end with a whimper. Thanks!

McHoop

Those pH meters are not very accurate and personally, I wouldn't trust the readings from them. If you're that close to harvest and not having any pH or deficiency issues I wouldn't be concerned about that reading. Since you had just fed them that probably did influence the reading which would mean that your nute solution had a low pH along with your soil. If that were the case you probably would have noticed some problems with your plants by now. Makes me think that meter is inaccurate. If you're interested in a good soil pH meter, look for a Control Wizard Accurate 8. You can usually find them for around $50.

Back