First DWC grow

Reaction score
Hi! Im new to this forum, but decided to join since started my first autoflower growth. Ive only grew photoperioids before.

Also Im having first time using DWC and would like some guiding or help if anybody has a two cents to throw in.

so ”problem” is this. Im having now 12 days old Critical 2.0 XL autoflower and she is definitely struggling on the DWC right now. Idont know if its a sign of a deficiency or something else.

DWC res temp and temp inside the tent is ok. I ran the seedling first without any nutes only root booster and top fed couple times before the roots hit the water.

This is how she looked two days ago:
ACB5B0B1-8E30-451C-A469-4B686DED7BA8.jpeg

73A6F3E7-7208-4E27-A78E-A05DE56D5ABB.jpeg

and this is from yesterday:
A7DCE1C1-6CB0-41C2-BE48-2FD41369B3C9.jpeg

Yesterday I mixed up a new res patch:
0.75ml/l GHE FloraMicro
1.5ml/l GHE FloraGro
0.7ml/l GHE FloraBloom
2g/10l GHE Silicate
Lowered pH down to 5.8 and EC is 1.2

Looks like it had some sort of Cal/Mag deficiency or Potassium deficiency(?)
And reason for being most worried is because shes 12 days and the growth has been extremely slow. Losing valuable days while struggling with the plant.. Even the new reservoir mix (at least yet) had no effect.. New growth looks somewhat healthy, but again she is growing way too slow and weak compared to the others.

It should have all the needed NPK’s and Micro/macro nutes available.
Also by looking the root mass it has developed already, my opinion is that the plant should be about half bigger
A32FCA94-7E79-47A2-B50D-556555EFE4AF.jpeg

57AF141C-08AB-4635-B142-278337D59D7A.jpeg

Could it be strain related or what could cause this slow/stunted growth and ”blocking” her proper development?

thank you!

Looks like a deficiency but I'm no professional. I see you have some others popping in the background. A baby still need calmag but I hold off about a week before I actually feed. I don't dwc,someone smarter than me will chime in. I screw up too, its part of learning I guess. I doubt its the strain

Looks like a deficiency but I'm no professional. I see you have some others popping in the background. A baby still need calmag but I hold off about a week before I actually feed. I don't dwc,someone smarter than me will chime in. I screw up too, its part of learning I guess. I doubt its the strain

Yes looks like a Cal/Mag or Potassium deficiency. But it should not get worse anymore since theres recommended doses of NPK nutes and Cal/Mag added in reservoir.

Newest actual leaves grew kinda fast over night and they looked, or still does look good. But looks like their tips getting slight yellowish and brown spot on the edges appears.

This is from today (day 12)
So the newest leaves looks OK, a bit droopy and the new growth tip looks ok as well. But feels like they also slowly starting show signs or symptoms.
D34C67CE-E10E-403D-8CFF-F4897B11E0A2.jpeg

Rest of the seedlings are in coco & soil. Theyre like 4-5 days behind.

Looks like it could have been drowning . Had that look on mine in the first week . I lowered my rez abit and all is good. I'm feeding advanced nutes ph perfect. 25% strength. 19 days old.

Attachments

• 20211003_090931.jpg
    20211003_090931.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 13
Back