New Grower Few questions i have.

Reaction score
Question one.

I'm using 16 liter pots for my plants, how big should the nutrient mix container be (1 liter ,2 liter,3 liter,...) for that pot size and for three plants? Not sure if the more plants you have the stronger the concentration of nutrients should be, just something i thought about.

Question two.

I'm looking to buy a reverse osmosis water system 4 stage costs about £40, I know i need to add cal-mag to it but with the ph what should i do? I have heard from some that Ph in soil doesn't matter as in adjusting nutrient water and normal watering water, soil acts as a buffer so no need to adjust water, is this just being lazy? what do you guys think? I can imagine all the shit in the UK's finest tap water must build up and be relatively detrimental the the plant right?

Question three.

Are there any naturally Ph up and downs out there I'm trying to be as organic as possible. oh and does anyone know of any bullshit free Ph testers i don't want to use something that is utter dross and i have to use different solutions and have to calibrate it much???

Many thanks guys! This has been on my mind with out being answered for quite some time.

I hope others find this useful
smile.png

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] The ratio of nutes to water is very important you wouldn't add extra nutes to the same amount of water if you have more plants. 4 liter container should be good to mix your nutes. A lot of nutes have by the gallon mixing directions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Number two (I guess I can't use the number sign it thinks I'm hashtagging) RO water is always a good idea if you don't want to use a ph meter you should at least get some drops you just put a little solution in a vial ( usually supplied)put in a couple drops and check the color against the chart.

Number 3 Some people use vinager or lemon juice to lower ph. I had to use baking soda for a up yesterday. I mixed 1/8 teaspoon in a rocks glass, mixed with water then used an eyedropper to adjust.

Number 3 Some people use vinager or lemon juice to lower ph. I had to use baking soda for a up yesterday. I mixed 1/8 teaspoon in a rocks glass, mixed with water then used an eyedropper to adjust.

What Ph meter do you use? And in regards to the whole RO water idea, It's hardly a whimsical notion is it? I've seen and heard some good things

I use the drops, my friend uses a pen style meter and he is always checking it against the drops because they are always spot on

Back