Indoor Fast & Vast - Soil organic CFL/LED

Reaction score
hi everyone

I was reading threads in AFN for a while, learned many things here very useful, so i decided to create an account and finally start growing. hopefully you guys will help me with my first grow ever.

2 weeks ago I got my seeds from herbies and planted 1 heavyweight fast and vast to test and see how things goes (sprout 8 days ago), my media is 50% perlite, 7-10% organic rich in nitrogen solid fertilizer and the rest is potting soil.
the reason for 50% perlite is the place i live is always at above 65% humidity and most of the times its around 80%!!!
I know i'm not supposed to use slow release solid nutrients but this one releases in only 30 days so i thought it worth giving it a try, all the products I'm using are from local gardens nothing is branded, even if they are branded it's unknown to me.

i'm planning to use bottled vermicompost mixed with other composts to make compost tea for the entire life cycle of the plant and kinda do test and trial, see the deficiencies and add needed element somehow.
any advice would be appreciated. if you kindly wanted to suggest plant foods please keep in mind that I'll only use organics.

I used a single 38 watt philips CFL for 7 days and in 8th day (now) placed her under a 300 watt full spectrum LED (130~ real watt)

I don't use grow tent or closet or anything, i think you guys call it open setup, you'll see in the pictures :)

cheers

Last edited:
here are the photos from day 1 to day 8 (now) and the open setup :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 110
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 102
  • setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 101
Welcome to the Auto Train!!
images (5).jpg

auto train leaf.jpg

:pass: There's plenty of folk here to help you thru your organic grow. Pop into some of their journals and invite them to yours. I'd also go to live introductions and introduce yourself. Post the link to your journal here in your intro asking for help. I'll help all I can, (disclaimer) I know nothing about organic feeding. How high is your light? I think you can safely lower it to get that lady some more photons.

:vibe::vibe:

Attachments

• auto train leaf.jpg
    auto train leaf.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 114
thanks iampepe
the LED is about 80cm above the top of plant (2.6 ft)
you're right i think i can lower the LED a bit, how much do you think is good?

@iampepe i took your advice and reduced the height between LED and plant, i have to say she is growing like Crazy!
I googled 14 days old plant images and none of them are like this young lady, one thing i'm pretty sure about this strain is that it's indeed fast!
it's working on 4th node in 14th day

anyway here are more photos

current (14th day)
photo_2016-07-29_21-33-19.jpgphoto_2016-07-29_21-41-59.jpg

13.jpg 13-1.jpg 12.jpg

Looking good bro, id keep that led within 24". In flower i let mine get within 6" with no side affects. What light are you using?

Back