Extraction Easy edibles

Reaction score
Many people are unaware of the fact that correctly decarbed herb is as potent as it will ever be, and that no heat or infusion of any kind is needed to make edibles from it.

Here's a simple method, devised from a combination of ideas stolen from various firecracker recipes and http://www.ardentcannabis.com/education/decarboxylation-myths

(1) Decarb the herb. 240 F for 40 min using an oven thermometer works well
(2) Grind to powder using a coffee grinder.
(3) Mix with nut butter or nutella, and use. Spreading onto crackers works well.

That's all there is to it, and it will produce the strongest possible edible for a given amount of herb. The same is true for any method that uses correctly decarbed, ground, whole herb, and doesn't add too much more heat for too long.

Best of all, you don't have to waste much herb to try this. I've done it with as little as 1/2 gram herb.

There will be slight herb taste, but better tasting strained oils lose half the potency to the straining process.

Alternatively, any box cookie or brownie mix can be used by mixing the decarbed herb powder into the recipe's oil or butter, with a little extra oil to compensate for the herb volume.

Dosage is easy, because assuming good 15% thc herb, each gram of original herb will yield 150 mg thc. For example, if you wanted 60 cookies with 20 mg thc each, then the total thc will be
(60 cookies)*(20 mg thc/cookie) = 1200 mg
and the amount of herb needed for that is
(1200 mg thc)/[(150 mg thc)/(1g herb)] = 8 g herb

Many people are unaware of the fact that correctly decarbed herb is as potent as it will ever be, and that no heat or infusion of any kind is needed to make edibles from it.

Here's a simple method, devised from a combination of ideas stolen from various firecracker recipes and http://www.ardentcannabis.com/education/decarboxylation-myths

(3) Mix with nut butter or nutella, and use. Spreading onto crackers works well.

That's all there is to it, and it will produce the strongest possible edible for a given amount of herb. The same is true for any method that uses correctly decarbed, ground, whole herb, and doesn't add too much more heat for too long.

Best of all, you don't have to waste much herb to try this. I've done it with as little as 1/2 gram herb.

There will be slight herb taste, but better tasting strained oils lose half the potency to the straining process.

Alternatively, any box cookie or brownie mix can be used by mixing the decarbed herb powder into the recipe's oil or butter, with a little extra oil to compensate for the herb volume.

Dosage is easy, because assuming good 15% thc herb, each gram of original herb will yield 150 mg thc. For example, if you wanted 60 cookies with 20 mg thc each, then the total thc will be
So I can just eat the cannabis right? That is what I thought is once it's decarbed you can just eat it straight. Or is it absorbed better if I mix with nutella? Was going to try a .7g bud decarbed then eat its roughly the amount my normal serving has in it.

So I can just eat the cannabis right? That is what I thought is once it's decarbed you can just eat it straight. Or is it absorbed better if I mix with nutella? Was going to try a .7g bud decarbed then eat its roughly the amount my normal serving has in it.
This will work, but maybe not quite as well as an actual edible. I've never tried it, but have seen good opinions from others.
My tentative opinion is that the herb needs to soak, be heated slightly, or just sit awhile to improve digestion.
I try to let the herb soak a few hours in a sufficient quantity of oil/nutella at room temp before using.

This will work, but maybe not quite as well as an actual edible. I've never tried it, but have seen good opinions from others.
My tentative opinion is that the herb needs to soak, be heated slightly, or just sit awhile to improve digestion.
I try to let the herb soak a few hours in a sufficient quantity of oil/nutella at room temp before using.
Ok DECARB tomorrow then soak till Saturday morning in nutella.

Was gonna throw in microwave before i put bud in maybe ill leave it on something warm too

I stoped even making edibles I just eat the coconut oil straight. Not best thing I've eaten, but I don't have any loss of oil to the bowl or spatula, faster don't have to wait to make anything. 1lbs of butter or coconut oil make 40 little cube, I use a silicon ice cube maker. Freeze them then I would use 10(1/2 cup) in a peanut butter cookie mix. About 3 cookies per dose i get 30-33 cookies so each serving is roughly 1 cube of butter or coconut oil. Started to just eat butter/oil by itself. Worked just the same. If I eat with coffee it just melts in my mouth not much taste with coconut oil.

Hasn't been working lately not sure if was decarbed fully. Last time i ground up worked well this time I left whole not the same going to try grinding it up again

Agreed! I for one hate to strain, but I think the strongest medicine is gotten during straining. Therefore if you don't strain, you get all the meds.

But some people can not handle the serrated leaves, even when ground real fine.

Cannabis can be eaten raw, before decarbing or after decarbing.

Was gonna put some sunflower lecithin too
That will help with bio-availability, helping to make the cannabinoids more available for your body to absorb them.

That should work well.
I usually put mine on my internet router to get the mixture warm.
:thumbsup: Great minds think alike...I've been doing stem oil that way.

Was gonna throw in microwave before i put bud in maybe ill leave it on something warm too
I avoid the microwave...may be no reason to, but I do.

I stoped even making edibles I just eat the coconut oil straight. Not best thing I've eaten, but I don't have any loss of oil to the bowl or spatula, faster don't have to wait to make anything. 1lbs of butter or coconut oil make 40 little cube, I use a silicon ice cube maker. Freeze them then I would use 10(1/2 cup) in a peanut butter cookie mix. About 3 cookies per dose i get 30-33 cookies so each serving is roughly 1 cube of butter or coconut oil. Started to just eat butter/oil by itself. Worked just the same. If I eat with coffee it just melts in my mouth not much taste with coconut oil.
:chef:Plain infused coconut oil is not the best taste around, but something you can get used to.
Making a big batch and freezing cubes is a good idea!

Would Love to see an edible recipe...
:stir:

Back