Grow Room DR60 grow Optimal amount of plants?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Critical Jack
Hi guys just looking to get some opinions on what would work best for 2ft x 2ft x 5.5ft space, I will be using a migro100 cob led.

I am going to grow nyc diesel auto from Barney’s seeds.

What would be the optimal amount of plants to put in this space?

What size pots would be suitable?

I would like to use fabric pot and I’m thinking of using 2 or 3 gallon pots (7.6l and 8.7l)

Thanks I’m advance for the advice :biggrin:

Hi guys just looking to get some opinions on what would work best for 2ft x 2ft x 5.5ft space, I will be using a migro100 cob led.

I am going to grow nyc diesel auto from Barney’s seeds.

What would be the optimal amount of plants to put in this space?

What size pots would be suitable?

I would like to use fabric pot and I’m thinking of using 2 or 3 gallon pots (7.6l and 8.7l)

Thanks I’m advance for the advice :biggrin:

Hello! :D

I've had similar sized grow cabs, and would recommend either 1 big one, or 2 little/medium ones.
A single plant could easily fill that footprint .. but can also be scary if you feel there's a chance it could get ballsed up!

I'd get 11 litre square pots.
If you start 2 and the tent gets out of control - you can always kill one.

The potential problem with too much plant in the tent is mold ... usually around harvest time - which completely sucks. With 2 plants, some good airflow is essential, and proably some defoilation at some point.

If you haven't decided on how you're going to water them .. Autopots work really well ... with an autopot, 1 wil almost definately fill the space.

Hope this helps!

Blue ^_^
:d5:

Lovely thanks for the input I actually have a 15l airpot that I could use just put one plant in and lst her but would this plant yield as much as 2 plants in smaller pots around 10litres?

I have a 6 inch clip on fan and an infinity clodline extraction fan using passive intake in your opinion would it be difficult for a newbie like myself to look after 2 plants in this space?

I would like to use autopots but I am using biobizz which is organic and i was advised that the organic matter would block up the tubes :doh:

What sort of yield could be expected from this size grow could I get 3-4 oz dry all going well?

No worries Chief :D

but would this plant yield as much as 2 plants in smaller pots around 10litres?

I find that one well kept plant can yeild as much as 2 that don't fit the space and grow badly!
It's a lot easier to keep 1 plant than 2 in that space.

There are things that can be done with 2 to make them fit (defoliation, lolly popping .. etc) But, I tend to keep things simple these days to avoid any problems.

I have a 6 inch clip on fan and an infinity clodline extraction fan using passive intake in your opinion would it be difficult for a newbie like myself to look after 2 plants in this space?

Not impossible .. just will get very cramped from day 40-80. - There'll be an increased chance of mold .. and that 6 inch clip on fan wont cut it on it's own! :D

I would like to use autopots but I am using biobizz which is organic and i was advised that the organic matter would block up the tubes :doh:

Well you should ch-ch-check on my last few grows ^_^ .. I'm using autopots (to give the bulk of the watering), with biobizz soil ... some biobizz nutes .. MOSTLY biotabs (easy mode organcis) nutes .. and some beneficials. (Biosys)

It sounds way more complicated when i write it down!! ... But it's very easy (and organic).

Yes .. don't put gunky biobizz nutes in the rezevoir ...Just top feed the pot with them.

What sort of yield could be expected from this size grow could I get 3-4 oz dry all going well?

I'm not a big fan of weighing .. it's all an extra step i can't be too bothered with.
If you do well - 3 large mason jars ... if you do really ... 3 large mason jars of tight firm buds.
If you don't do so well :rofl: ... you'll get less (depending on how well it goes)

It's nobodys best guess until the plant is rocking! :D

1 plant LST'ed :thumbsup:

Blue pretty much nailed everything i was going to say lol I used my little 2'x2' cab for a good while and always got more when growing out 1 pant.

Here's an old pic of 2 small ones in my cab to show space and these were only 1/2 way done :doh: :rofl:

HOD day 37 in cab.JPG

Great guys thanks it’s all new to me so all the advice is very helpful.

I have a black jack auto growing outdoors at the minute in a 15l airpot she is about 2 weeks from harvest and a good size so going to go with a 15l airpot in the tent and do lst with her and see how I get on.

After my first harvest I think I will upgrade to a 2ft x 4ft tent so I can grow 2 decent size plants comfortably and I will consider getting the autopot system with 2 x 15l pots for that and add another migro100.

Attachments

• 93B8270E-9419-4EF8-9538-EAC18CF2B77E.jpeg
    93B8270E-9419-4EF8-9538-EAC18CF2B77E.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 113
  • 17D81158-1CEF-4337-AB6A-D4DDF5DC10EC.jpeg
    17D81158-1CEF-4337-AB6A-D4DDF5DC10EC.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 76
Back