Don't want to mess up completele - any advise?

kfigerm

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi,

I started my grow in soil (light seedling soil with 1/4 perlite from local guardener with nearly nothing in 0.1 - 0.1 - 0.1 - PH 6) with the Advanced hydroponics of holland 3-Part nutes after the lucas formula. They are too strong so I always go after EC, never to their plan.

more details I have here: I am back with an oldschhol setup - 2x DP TD

Started with canna rizotonic .6 .2 .6 only , switching to AHoH 4 2 4 to end of week 4.
Feed plan is actually from Day 30 feed, water,water. Almost every day, always to some drops runoff. Water is always bubbled.
Week 5 to 7 was 4 3 6 to 4 5 7 to end of Week 7 8 11 15, but with high of an EC. Too high i guess - but they grew nicely enough.

At this point I was spotting some brown spots any yellowing on the big one, so I checked PH - that was on point. So I thought of a Cal lockout because of the high EC or lack.
Having nicely green leaves down below and seeing foxtailing in the forming buds, I thought It was (at last) time to switch to full bloom nutes NPK ratio.
To get in balance I fed 5 15 14 (with some sensizym and bigbud mixed) in a low dose with EC 800 to 500.

To address the calcium def I Added some chalk to RO Water and put it into a co2 bubbler until there was nothing left to see. I had a EC 500 Solution which I added at a strength of EC 160 cal-solution and EC 80 mg as a base solution for the Nutes (Water EC 300 ; Feed: ~ 300+nutes ~500-900 .
All looked better but the leaves wouldn't get "relaxed" and go back up again - they stayed at: Overfeed position, pointing their tips to the direction where this grow just goes...down!
So I had a plan:
One cycle water, water, followed by low feed at ec 500 with bloom to get the level with N I hoped , water, and the last still water, because nothing got better yet).

In the beginning that seemed fine, the smaller one reacted good but now the smaller one started curling leaves and yellowing - but just jellowing no burn signs or cal problems.
I thought that was low enough.
So I don't know what acually to do - Form of the leaves tells me overfeed, but my calculations disagree.
That's the exact situation I wanted to prevent and failed miserably :) I see more than one def now and can't decide what to address and how to proceed. What I had in mind from 10 years ago doesn't work out or is simply wrong.
The last of the occuring is the yellowing of the leaves on the small plant, still bowing leaves.

Has anyone an Idea what the girls are demanding for?

overview small one left, bigger one right:

2022-04-28-142812_005.jpeg

smaller/healthier one:
2022-04-28-142812_004.jpeg

2022-04-28-142812_001.jpeg

bigger one, more damage done

2022-04-28-142812_003.jpeg

2022-04-28-142812_002.jpeg

Any help is very appreciated.

Cheers
kfigerm

Last edited:
p.s.: they are at day 51 today from first sprout leaves in my count.
A Week ago it didn't look too bad - a real light pic from the mars hydro contest:

2022-04-20-184155_003.jpeg

Switching to bloom and trying to get ca up a little. the bigger one already started showing the need for bloom nutes higher K and P, I just then saw that i was late on bloom nutes - did I perhaps run in a lockout due to this action - too much ca - anyone sees a mg def?
My mind is just going nuts - I have about 4 hours to decide, then I'll water them again.

Thanks for any input - just look at the plants and tell me what YOU see, If you don't dare an advice - dare it :) what can go wrong at this stage.

Thanks!

p.s.: they are at day 51 today from first sprout leaves in my count.
A Week ago it didn't look too bad - a real light pic from the mars hydro contest:

2022-04-20-184155_003.jpeg

Switching to bloom and trying to get ca up a little. the bigger one already started showing the need for bloom nutes higher K and P, I just then saw that i was late on bloom nutes - did I perhaps run in a lockout due to this action - too much ca - anyone sees a mg def?
My mind is just going nuts - I have about 4 hours to decide, then I'll water them again.

Thanks for any input - just look at the plants and tell me what YOU see, If you don't dare an advice - dare it :) what can go wrong at this stage.

Thanks!
Hello it looks like a ph issue have you cheked your soil ph

just watered with a little tube and pump with unbubbled ro water EC 5 from the middle of the root down - went in at 6.5 and the first drops fell of at 6.0 and 6.2 in the big one and stabilized fast later on to 6.5.
I think that's one problem now, but necessarly not THE one. But I'll up the PH definitely later to go in at ~ 6.8.
Now what to feed, in what strength and if at all. The plant looks stuffed to me and it looks more like a lockout, but my calc doesn't fit, says lower range for td.

thanks

Foxtails are generally a sign of too much light.

OK, I think I got it - after triple checking everything, I found out, that the temerature of my extrech stick - with a brandnew probe - went way to high - +10 K, which affected the measurement of the ph, because it calculates everything. So after just checking with ph papers the ph must be down somewhere to 6.

Brandnew probe, just bought for this grow.
Have to get a new PH meter, perhaps then I get everything up again.
I hate such shit.

thanks to all - I wouldn't have double checked on the PH, I was to confident it's OK.
n8 an cheers

Glad you got it sorted mate, my biggest girl is starting to show similar on a couple of leaves and I wouldn't have known what it was if I hadn't read your post so thank you and good luck mate :goodluck:

thanks, good to know my mess helped someone preventing harm. The damage done to my girls is huge, but I'll just let them do their now to the end.
Just trying to prevent any mold on the buds.
Ironically exactly what I tell everybody to watch closely and prevent, just happened to myself :)
No technical excuses, my mind simply refused to accept, what was obvious.
Heads up, the next grow will be another try :)

Back