Dinafem

Strain:

Deep Cheese

Did it autoflower?: (Y/N)

No, photo sensitive strain.

Soil/hydro:

Current Culture UC8XL rdwc system,

Nutes:

Cultured Systems Veg A&B, Grow A&B, Early, Mid and Late Flower, Cal/Mag, House & Garden Drip Clean. It was a mild feeder, never getting above 300 ppm even at peak growth.

Light (kind and schedule):

Two KIND XL1000s with four 108 watt 2 bulb T5HO side lights. Total 1,692 total watts.

From seed to harvest date:

Three weeks in clone machine, 3 weeks veg, 10 weeks flowering. They could have been picked at 9 weeks flowering but left them an extra week for more amber trichs.

Dry Yield:

8 plants, 47.25 ounces or 1,325 grams. Average of almost 6 oz. per plant, .78 grams per watt. Individual buds weighing in excess of 20 grams each.

High/Effect Duration:

The effect is a strong indica hit without any couch lock. Very mellow and introspective. It lasts a good 3-4 hours.

RATE SCALE: (*) = bad, to (*****) = great

Top of the line, probably the most potent strain I've grown to date. Coupled with the high yield and ease of growing, one I'll grow again.

BAG APPEAL:

Tight, hard buds covered in trichs. Examined under a microscope some areas were so resin covered only the tops of the trichs can be seen above the resin. With that skunky/cheesy smell and big buds, it's a winner.

THE GROWTH:

I had read on line and had someone here warn me that this strain really stretched once it was put on 12/12 lighting. I ended up vegging them to about 18" and it wasn't quite enough. I should have let them get to about 24" before flipping them. The stretch only ended up being about 50% and not the 100 to 150% I was lead to believe. The growth was quite nice. The plants were scrogged and filled the screen nicely. Initially all the big fan leaves were only 3 fingered, but some did eventually get 5 fingered ones. Not too bushy either. In fact, I removed very few fan leaves. All and all a pleasure to grow.

THE SMELL:

The smell is classic Skunk/Cheese, real old school.

THE SMOKE:

The smoke is mild and smooth after a 3 week cure. It should be even more so after a few more weeks.

Like many I assumed since it was a free seed that it might not be all that great. Man, was I wrong. This is a first class strain that has it all, easy to grow, high yield, great looking and smelling. Based on how good it is I'll be taking a harder look at what Dinafem has to offer. If this is any indication of their products, I'm sure they have other strains worth looking at. I couldn't be more pleased.

Grow journal with pictures: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/muddys-rdwc-extravaganza.57626/page-7#post-1534181

Beautiful smoke report mate and from the write up the yield was great and by the sound of things some fire end product :bong:

You would be surprised at how many times we hear this, growers get one of our seeds as a freebie and it turns out to be one if not the best in the garden :pass:

Welcome to Dinafem genetics mate glad your first encounter with us was positive :thumbsup: and again thank you for a great write up :bong:

All the best

Mark..

Beautiful smoke report mate and from the write up the yield was great and by the sound of things some fire end product :bong:

You would be surprised at how many times we hear this, growers get one of our seeds as a freebie and it turns out to be one if not the best in the garden :pass:

Welcome to Dinafem genetics mate glad your first encounter with us was positive :thumbsup: and again thank you for a great write up :bong:

All the best

Mark..

Thanks Mark. I was so impressed with this strain I had to let everyone know. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't keep a mother. I'm sure you won't mind if I buy some more seeds. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Mark. I was so impressed with this strain I had to let everyone know. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't keep a mother. I'm sure you won't mind if I buy some more seeds. Keep up the good work.
Hello old man.Nice report and great yield for sure.hope your doing well my friend.

@Muddy Thank-you for the very concise grow/smoke report!
I have a pack of these which I shall crack this spring, and thanks to your report I shall veg them longer as you stated.

Also have a pack of D-F's Cali Hash Plant that I am really looking forward to growing outdoors this season.

Thanks again my old friend.

Peace

Back