Outdoor DinaFem Critical + 2.0

Reaction score
So I finally got around to starting my first grow.

I am using the following :
5 x Dinafem Critical + 2.0 seeds
5 x Freedom Farms 25L Fabric Pots
3 x 30dm standard organic potting soild
2 x 1kg Peat Moss
1 x 1L Biobizz Fish Mix
1 x 1L Biobizz Bloom

I started by soaking all 5 seeds in a glass a room temperature water. This was kept in a dark warm area for 24 hours.
After 24 hours, all 5 seeds sank, I then moved them over to a damp paper towel. I kept this paper towel between 2 plates to make sure it was dark and the plates were placed back into a warm but dark area.

About 24 hours later, all 5 seeds had sprouted tap roots.

I prepared my soil by mixing all 3 bags of potting soil with both bags of peat moss. This was basically 4 parts soil to 1 part peat moss.
The evening before planting I gave each pot of soil a dash of some fish mix fertilizer mixed at 3.75ml per litre of water. As our local tap water is quite decent and I have grown before just using the tap water, I saw no need to use reverse osmosis water.

Shortly before planting, I gave each pot a large amount of water as the soil had basically dried out.

Each seed was planted about 1cm deep with the tap root facing downwards.

I will give each seed their first light watering this evening.

Currently, all 5 pots are outside as I have no place indoors to keep them, I had placed them in a shaded area that is partially protected but still gets some light wind.

The photos of the pots are before I moved them into a shaded area. Where they are in those photos is where they will be moved once they get slightly bigger.
20181014_142400.jpg 20181014_142409.jpg 20181014_144418.jpg

Good start.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Day 7 after planting germinated seeds :

All 5 plants have sprouted however 1 doesnt seem to be doing so well.20181021_123128.jpg I doubt it will make it.
I had made a mesh sheet from chicken wire to place on top during the first couple of weeks as my cats will try use the pots as a toilet.
We had some heavy rain and high wind so I then covered the plastic mesh with a clear plastic refuse bag.

I have been watering twice a day (due to the top 3 - 4cm of soil being bone dry) with a 40% nutrient strength water.
I am not going to water for the next 3 days without nutrients and then alternate between 50% nutrient strength and plane water for every other watering.

I have just been informed by my work as well that I am being shipped off to the other side of the world for 45 days. Luckily I have someone who can look after my plants while I am away.

I have worked out that I will be back around day 66.
20181021_123132.jpg 20181021_123122.jpg

Very nice. I'm going to be watching this one as I have some C+2.0 coming and want to see how this does OD. I'm assuming you're in the southern hemispheres?

Very nice. I'm going to be watching this one as I have some C+2.0 coming and want to see how this does OD. I'm assuming you're in the southern hemispheres?
Yeah, I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, Cape Town to be exact. I had actually just returned home from Shenzhen, family had been looking after the plants.

I had placed chicken wire on the pots to stop the cats from peeing in them, as they grew, we cut holes wide enough for the plants to grow through. Sadly we had some intense wind which blew the plants into the chicken wire, shredding the leaves and stunting the growth.

3 plants are about 30cm tall, the other is 60cm tall. They're full of popcorn buds and the only decent buds are on the top.

Oh well, guess I have to try again. I will be harvesting next week

Back