Deficiency? Toxicity? Help!

Reaction score
Problem: Clawing down. Yellowing of older and newer leaves. One plant has burnt tips on new growth

Medium/grow method: Autopots. Soil. Top half is happy frog. Bottom Half is Stonington's Blend

Feed: and supplements used: Nothing yet.

water source: House tap water onl so far @ 180ppm

Strain/age: Day 29 since sprout above soil.2 Night Owl Mangoes n Chem and 2 Mephisto Toofless Alien. Seeds planted directly in autopots

light used: HLG 600 rspec @ 50% dimmed

Climate: 78f - 74RH

Additional info: my pH has been between 5.8-6.2 A couple weeks ago I had a pH swing get up to 6.5

I was told on a different forum that it may be a pH issue. This is my first run with autopots. I used to water around 6.4pH but have been told 5.8-6.2 should be the range for soil autopots. I also thought maybe it's time for a feeding but now I'm worried about the burnt looking tips on new growth(only on one of the plants)

Attachments

• IMG_9336.JPG
    IMG_9336.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9337.JPG
    IMG_9337.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9338.JPG
    IMG_9338.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9339.JPG
    IMG_9339.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9340.JPG
    IMG_9340.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
In my opinion your lights are too bright or too close, LED Too Much or Not Enough Light? | Grow Weed Easy this might give you more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
HF is good for 3 to 5 weeks of nutrients before depletion depending on strain.....not sure about the other half of your mix, but I think it's time to start nutes....pH I shoot for is 6 to 6.5 in soil, and that light tips on new growth is normal, not nute burn....

Reactions: JAB
HF is good for 3 to 5 weeks of nutrients before depletion depending on strain.....not sure about the other half of your mix, but I think it's time to start nutes....pH I shoot for is 6 to 6.5 in soil, and that light tips on new growth is normal, not nute burn....

Stonington's Blend is nutrient rich. I wouldnt think I'd need to feed quite yet based on past grows, but maybe?

Do you grow autopots? I dont know why but everything I read for autopots says 5.8-6.2 and I always thought that was strange. I'll shoot for 6-6.5

Here's a better pic of the burnt new growth. It's definitely brown and crispy looking

Attachments

• IMG_9301.JPG
    IMG_9301.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Ok, see it now...light too close there maybe.....I do auto pots with Happy Frog with extra perlite......about 4 weeks when they start to flower I start in on nutes in the res. Mega Crop 1 part and a pinch of epsom
IMG_20220616_064955.jpg
the 1 in the middle front got sick for some reason so just trying to get her to the finish line.

She looks hungry! How far are your lights from top of canopy? Have you fed her any nutes?

Stonington's Blend is nutrient rich. I wouldnt think I'd need to feed quite yet based on past grows, but maybe?

Do you grow autopots? I dont know why but everything I read for autopots says 5.8-6.2 and I always thought that was strange. I'll shoot for 6-6.5

Here's a better pic of the burnt new growth. It's definitely brown and crispy looking

Attachments

• AB6B3C01-0BEA-46EB-A523-3484EDE6BC40.jpeg
    AB6B3C01-0BEA-46EB-A523-3484EDE6BC40.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 36
Looking like nutrient lockout,
Maybe due to too much Nitrogen going by the leaf tip drop & the yellowy leafs, maybe something else starting to show as well.
I got my lights on 24/7 and alot closer than that and they not going a deficiency yellow colour.
The rest look different compared to that one in the centre,
Maybe you're in a high Par hotspot.
Maybe @Mañ'O'Green can help ya as im just assuming

Looks like the pot is getting out of balance as the available nutrients are being used to depletion. I think they need a good balanced fertigation of Veg nutrients at 600 PPM on the Hanna scale. (not counting your starting water).

:goodluck:

Back