Old Reviews De Verdamper vaporizer review

Reaction score
VAPORISER NAME: De Verdamper

TYPE OF VAPORISER (home or portable): Home (although there is battery powered mobile version, but you need a shoulder bag to carry it :confused1:)

DRAW METHOD (whip,bag,attached mouthpiece or drawn direct from unit): it's a glass mouthpiece, but essentially direct draw from the unit.

COMPATIBLE MATERIAL (herb,oil or both): It's mainly for herb.

COST(feel free to add link to store):

€415 for their top model, the large deluxe with air-out:
http://www.de-verdamper.com/prestashop/product.php?id_product=25

€250 for the simplest unit (same awesome vape comes out of it)
http://www.de-verdamper.com/prestashop/product.php?id_product=22

ACCESSORIES (have you added anything eg water cooler): No additions. Could add ice, but I usually don't bother. Fresh cold tap water works fine.

QUALITY OF VAPOUR (eg thick tasty plooms to no visible vapour with plastic taste): Varies with the consumed herb. The stronger herbs will make the unit milky white. which is just mouthwatering. The vapour is just perfect, cold from the water, the herb's aroma comes through perfectly, generally excellent quality no matter what I put in it.

AMOUNT OF TIME OWNED: Little more than nine years.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS (please be frank,if the vaporiser is poor we want to know):

I'm biased, because this is my favorite vaporizer. It has its faults though. This is one of those devices that breaks easy if you don't pay attention (or if you are having too much fun), due to its size, height and the fact that it's all glass. It needs to have a dedicated surface.

You can tell that this is a small production in how the unit is designed, the wood block you have to assemble when the device arrives, the large adapter, the whole thing looks like someone's garage project. But this was made by someone who really loves to vape, because what comes out of it is fantastic.

The heating unit on the top is pre-set to a temperature the maker felt is the best. There are no dials to mess with, you plug in, load the herb, wait about 3-4 minutes for it to heat up and go. The density of the vape can be controlled by putting your hand above the opening on top of the heating unit (I usually do in the beginning of my sessions). It's all very non-high tech, and that has a certain charm. For the same reason, there is also very little that can break down. I've been using mine for many years now without any issues, it's as strong as ever.

I've stopped using my volcano in favor of this unit mainly because of its big water holder on the bottom that acts as an additional filter. The volcano always managed to push a few minor herb peices through which would induce caughing that I hate. No caughing with this one.

PICS AND LINK (please add a picture of your vape with a link to the manufacturer):

Here is the maker going at it:
de-verdamper-vaporizer.jpg

I've first came accross this unit in Amsterdam in a number of coffeeshops. They add a rotating led below the unit, which makes it groovy :biggrin:

vaping-on-the-verdamper-at-socia-470x265.jpg

Vaporizerblog-2.jpg

Back