Harvest & Curing Curing when far from home

Reaction score
Hey everybody !

I didn't post for a while and i'm glad to do it today.

I have a major issue about my future curing. I couldn't begin my culture earlier and i'll be out for a week for the first week of curing.

I thought i could solve my problème with terplocks but living in Europe i didn't find a shop to purchase some.

Is any of you fellows have tips to help me (european site vendors, secret technics...) And did it happen to you ?

Thanks for your replies and enjoy ! :headbang:

Maybe put in a jar and drill a small hole in lid. Cover hole with a few pieces of micropore tape. :shrug: do you have any friends who could stop by while you are gone?

If your plants are hanging and you can keep the humidity in the room 60% and have airflow going, you can leave them for extended periods of time.

I've seen a couple other growers who basically dry/cure by hanging their plants in humidity controlled rooms (set to 60% RH) indefinitely. Some leave them like this for more than a month without issue.

I tried this on my last grow and it went great. Left them hanging for 15 days after a chop. When they went into jars and bags, the RH in the jar/bag was 60%.

You probably need a humidifer plugged into a controller and that you can attach to a sink/shower/water supply if you will be out of town for a while.

If you can order the stuff on the list you can start curing without any problem. LINK

I don't know your time frame. I over dried a crop down to 48-50% humidity by accident. Put them in jars for a month with 62% humidity packs, and its moist as can be. Maybe could be done intentional, in a situation like yours.

Get yourself two anti siphon valves a 5 gallon bucket with lid ,air pump and a timer..put one valve going in to the bucket at the bottom and one coming out at the top. Hook up your air pump to the bottom in valve.. set your times for 15 minutes twice a day for the first week and adjust accordingly. Everything can be purchased at any pet store..

Thanks for all your replies !
Now i've got a Real choice if alternatives :d5:

Animatey’s Idea looks great for me ! But @Animatey, do you do a big trimming or do you let all the leaves on when you cure/dry like that ?

Have fun guys !

Thanks for all your replies !
Now i've got a Real choice if alternatives :d5:

Animatey’s Idea looks great for me ! But @Animatey, do you do a big trimming or do you let all the leaves on when you cure/dry like that ?

Have fun guys !

Sorry for the late reply... crazy week.

I removed the fans only and then let the whole plants hang.
Did a final "dry" trim before going into grove bags and some mason jars.

You can see they were still pretty leafy:

1654872598343.png

However, the two people that taught me this method both do a full trim before hanging.
So I think you could do either way, but probably a little safer to do a full trim before you leave them in 60% rh for lengthy periods.

I think if plants are at room temps (low 70s or high 60s Fahrenheit) with good airflow then you are OK to do either way at 60% RH.

I hung these in a closet with doors 80 % closed and had a fan blowing lightly through one side. On the other side I had a carbon filter with an inline fan attached to it to deal with the smell and sort of "pull" the air through the closet. 4 gallon humidifier attached to an inkbird controller set to 60% RH outside the closet with the probe under the door. Had to fill it about once every other day.

Good luck man, let us know how it goes!

PS one thing I learned is that if you finish trimming the plants in a dry room, that can surprisingly reduce their moisture content quite quickly. Once I figured that out, I did the trimming/bagging/jarring in the same room my humidifier was in.

Back