Constant battle with deficiencies, pests, and/or possible infection? Need help....

Master_Roachi

IG: @masterroachi
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Currently Smoking
Alien vs Triangle, HubbaBubbaSmelloscope
Problem: weird looking leaves. Light colored but not yellow. More gray/silver tinged. Can't find signs of pests. It does not rub off or feel like a powder on the leaves aka PM.

Medium/grow method:
Coco Loco 2gal fabric pot

Feed: and supplements used:
Greenleaf: MegaCrop, Sweet Candy, Kelp Extract, CalMag.
Realgrowers Recharge.
SLF100
MadFarmer pH Get Down

Foliar sprayed OverGrow by Optic Foliar every few days.

water source:
Tap water thru a garden filter that takes out chlorine and chloramine.
200ppm 7.0ph after

Strain/age:
FastBuds LSD 25
Day 26

light used:
Mixed HLG quantum boards

Climate:
79-81 degrees
Lights 24/7
Rh 50-60
Oscillating fan, exhaust fan.

Additional info:

Can't find signs of bugs on the plants. Have found springtails around my room. Only ever caught one fungus gnat. Have yellow sticky traps as IPM. Never grown this breeder or strain before. Looks very lanky but I assume that's normal for this strain, and was off to the side for a few days. Supercroped pretty early.
20180710_224636.jpg
20180710_224629.jpg
20180710_224618.jpg
20180710_224613.jpg
20180710_224610.jpg
20180710_224557.jpg
20180710_224551.jpg
20180710_224547.jpg
20180710_224545.jpg
20180710_224531.jpg
20180710_224456.jpg

I've seen this before. It's like somethings sucking the chlorophyll out of the leaves innit. I put it down to moths but that was outdoors. Never had it happen inside before. Have you got any moths around your groom anywhere?

Sent from Fraggle Rock

I see it all the time since I switched to autos 2-3 years ago. I think its genetics, but I'm not sure. @Waira did you ever get to the bottom of light colored areas?

Done a quick Google and it looks like the damage is actually caused by leaf miners. Especially that last pic at the top most leaf. It's a larve that burrows through the leaf and eats the chlorophyll like I said before. The only way to get rid of them is to remove the effected leaf before they turn into whatever laid them and they lay more eggs. It won't kill your plant though if you don't.

Sent from Fraggle Rock

I see it all the time since I switched to autos 2-3 years ago. I think its genetics, but I'm not sure. @Waira did you ever get to the bottom of light colored areas?
It's just a coincidence that mate. They can effect every plant but they prefer tasty stuff like Tom's, Citrus trees and lettuce. Oh and ganja of course lol

Sent from Fraggle Rock

:toke:--- Pepe', Dirty Old Man,....:crying:
... it l;ooks like that weird random color break that shows fairly often in seedlings, usually,.... I don't have info about exactly what it is that causes this, and in some ways it does mimic viral infection damage,.. it's efinitely not leaf miners, they make wild squiggly lines and loops as they much in between the cuticle layers,...
upload_2018-7-10_20-35-13.jpeg

... did it appear as it grew, or show up out of the blue? Usually, it's of no consequence to performance, sometimes it clears, or not,... some may show poor performance though, so it's a toss up wait-and-see deal,... as for virla infection, that's a real PITA to figure out,.. only way is to have it tested by labs or a series of type-specific DIY kits from Agfia,....$$$$,.... It's way rare, but to have it is a real shitshow, requires a major sterilization protocol!

I've seen this before. It's like somethings sucking the chlorophyll out of the leaves innit. I put it down to moths but that was outdoors. Never had it happen inside before. Have you got any moths around your groom anywhere?

Sent from Fraggle Rock

:toke:--- Pepe', Dirty Old Man,....:crying:
... it l;ooks like that weird random color break that shows fairly often in seedlings, usually,.... I don't have info about exactly what it is that causes this, and in some ways it does mimic viral infection damage,.. it's efinitely not leaf miners, they make wild squiggly lines and loops as they much in between the cuticle layers,...
View attachment 928944

... did it appear as it grew, or show up out of the blue? Usually, it's of no consequence to performance, sometimes it clears, or not,... some may show poor performance though, so it's a toss up wait-and-see deal,... as for virla infection, that's a real PITA to figure out,.. only way is to have it tested by labs or a series of type-specific DIY kits from Agfia,....$$$$,.... It's way rare, but to have it is a real shitshow, requires a major sterilization protocol!

Thanks everyone. I feel better now about it. It has been going on for at least a week but not as bad. I have found two small dead moths in my room which I forgot about until you said that. I will keep monitoring and see what happens.

It is not a viral infection that I am familiar with, if it is one. All of the viral infections I have had the displeasure to deal with start at the bottom of the plant and move upward. It kinda looks like a variegation which is genetic. So basically I am no help on this one. IMHO take a wait and watch position.

variegation?

Back