Indoor Companion plants in a tent?

VitaMan

Clean Glass + New Whip
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Island Sweet Skunk, Comatose, el Chapo, and others.
Hi all

There is room in my 2x2 tent for four 3gal pots. I am planning to grow 1 or 2 cannabis plants next time, and was thinking of medicinal things I could plant alongside (in their own pots, of course).

They must like strong light, but be OK in the shade of the cannabis as it grows. Lavender is the first thing that came to mind, because it is hard to find good stuff.

Has anyone done this, and are there any ideas we can bounce around?

I have three 1L pots each with three small lavender plants in my Mars tent and light right now.
They grow very slowly, though. Slowly but steadily.
Basil loves the light, but can also get big and need space.
Mint is a nice kind of ground cover, gets bushy but not tall.
I'd like to try valerian one day... Maybe not in this garden, though.

Thanks for the suggestions, Maria. I love fresh basil

Good that you can use valerian. I am pretty good with nasty tastes, but even after years of use I still couldn't take the smell or taste of valerian so I stopped buying it.

But I am glad you mentioned it because I use lemon balm instead- its a good mild sedative that tastes and smells pleasant.

I just googled it, and it likes strong light, tolerates shade, and grows 30-40cm! Looks like people have even grown it under both tubes and HID lights hydroponically too, but its dirt and LED for me. Hmm, wonder if they'd get along...

Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm planning on growing garlic, basil and possibly even a tomato plant once I get my grow room finished.. I know I had heard there are a handful of plants you DON'T want near cannabis for an assortment of reasons but I don't recall what they were..

I know I had heard there are a handful of plants you DON'T want near cannabis for an assortment of reasons but I don't recall what they were..
Back in the seventies, I always heard keep 'em away from pine trees, but that probably doesn't come up too often inside...

Mites love Basil, can be like an early warning system and I've heard they won't touch any cannabis if it's around. I'm going to plant some in trays on the floor

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

I could never keep aloe lit! Kidding of course. That would work. If I can, I will concentrate on herbs that are expensive or harder to get.

Back